Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv Crashing. Bitdefender Needs To Restart. Internet Browser Software Crashes Bitdefender

Options
Bitdefender_Account
edited August 2015 in General

I have the same issue as listed below but in Bitdefender Total Security 2015:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=20495

Looks like an old issue that the employees don't know how to resolve, or don't care to resolve because they are using it to their benefit.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hiya,

This is something that has not been reported as a problem with recent BD versions, you are quoting posts from 4-5 years ago. It would be a help if you could send the details to support via the Help & Support from the drop-down on the top bar of the Bitdefender GUI.

Ro.

• Bitdefender_Account
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hiya,

This is something that has not been reported as a problem with recent BD versions, you are quoting posts from 4-5 years ago. It would be a help if you could send the details to support via the Help & Support from the drop-down on the top bar of the Bitdefender GUI.

Ro.

I don't care if it has not been reported as a problem. It clearly is a constant issue as I am experiencing the same issue.

All day today I have been dealing with this issue and clearly people have been dealing with that issue from 5 years ago.

I resorted to a backup computer that has nearly the same software and no issue on it. Currently the computer in dispose is in Rescue Mode scanning.

What I did notice is that the Intrusion Detection would always turn off on it's own, with no warning, on a constant basis for some reason in Autopilot. I never thought nothing of it and would always turn it back to full.

But this issue with Vsserv crashes the software whenever I decide to do anything with Bitdefender when the computer is connected to the internet.

I have sent off multiple files for scanning to Bitdefender by default through the software and I am getting nowhere very fast.

• Bitdefender_Account
    edited September 2015
    Options

I am now going to gloat.

Let me share with your staff and the planet how I resolved this long-standing issue that you guys can't seem to solve.

By the way, the linux partition of Bitdefender is sh** as every ten minutes the screen times out and after the 5th or so time-out of the screen going black, it recovers to a white screen (where the test is going on) with a pillared outline of both the action bar at the bottom, which is now black, and the background of your mechanical dog. You can't tell if it ever finishes as the scan comes to a crawl and everything is unresponsive.

What I had done, after the several attempts at forcing a restart and eventually giving up on your linux tiny core garbage, I went into a regular session of windows and went into msconfig. I disabled both the Java Platform auto updater from starting up and disabled the Bitdefender services (as they start back up on request and will reinitialize on startup).

I went ahead and restarted, performed a custom scan of everything, and everything is fine. Set the intrusion settings to max, and here I am.

I suggest anyone else to do the same. By the way, for the price I paid for the over-hyped trash heap of a linux white-screened mess 'Rescue mode' (which is only good for one specific issue within a 30 to 45 minute window as the linux 'rescue mode' becomes unstable like I said above), you guys are really lacking in knowing what to do when push comes to shove with these issues. I suggest you fix your linux distro to a more stable design and consider the cost of what you sell based on quality (your options are not signs of quality, they are options that are lacking in quality, which break down horribly).

Fix your linux rescue mode as that feature should be more stable than the windows mode at the very least. It acted like a life raft with a hole in it that I had to constantly fill with air (move the mouse to prevent crashing). This is unacceptable and I am a paying customer!

• Bitdefender_Account
    edited September 2015
    Options

No response. Not a single response from staff. Pathetic for the price. My method is still working fine by the way.

The linux kernal 'Rescue Mode' after a day or two of testing collapses, as usual, after about 45 minutes of scanning to the atypical white box. On top of that the 'Estimated Time to Complete' is completely inaccurate ALWAYS. Laughably actually.

It is 2015. Fix your garbage in a patch. I have the right to say this because I am a disgruntled paying customer.

• I have Antivirus Plus running on 3 PCs. On 2 of them, the program stopped and hovering over the grey icon gave the message "bitdefender services not responding..." Rebooting the PC only temporarily fixes the problem. After a hour or so it stops working.

I have used the uninstall tool to remove the program and re-install it. This fixed it on 1 PC but still have the problem on the other.

I have found posts as old as 2009 reporting this problem. It's not good enough. We pay good money and expect the software to work.

Please do something about this or we will have no choice but to find an alternate product

• tw33k
    edited October 2015
    Options

I upgraded to Antivirus Plus 2016 but after a day or so it stopped responding. I right-clicked the icon and hit Update Now. Once it updated, the program was working again.

This really needs to be fixed. I have submitted this problem via Help & Support