Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Nuked Almost All My Email...unrecoverable

Options

I ran a system scan last night and this morning upon opening Thunderbird I found there were only a few messages in my inbox compared to the thousands that there used to be. It appears that Bitdefender found an old virus in a zip attachment from months ago that was in my junk folder and quarantined the entire inbox archive.

I looked in the quarantine folder and yes, there was a 3gig file there. I went to the quarantine section of Bitdefender and restored the files but upon restarting Thunderbird all the mail is still missing. And the quarantine files are gone from Bitdefender. The inbox folder on Thunderbird is now 14megs instead of 3+gigs.

I've spent all morning trying to recover my mail only to realize that Bitdefender did more damage than any virus I could have conceived.

If anyone has suggestions I'm open to them but I certainly am done with this malware of a product.

Comments

• I ran a system scan last night and this morning upon opening Thunderbird I found there were only a few messages in my inbox compared to the thousands that there used to be. It appears that Bitdefender found an old virus in a zip attachment from months ago that was in my junk folder and quarantined the entire inbox archive.

I looked in the quarantine folder and yes, there was a 3gig file there. I went to the quarantine section of Bitdefender and restored the files but upon restarting Thunderbird all the mail is still missing. And the quarantine files are gone from Bitdefender. The inbox folder on Thunderbird is now 14megs instead of 3+gigs.

I've spent all morning trying to recover my mail only to realize that Bitdefender did more damage than any virus I could have conceived.

If anyone has suggestions I'm open to them but I certainly am done with this malware of a product.

I'm currently trying out Bitdefender and trying to determine whether it's best for 4 or 5 of us to use. This report is concerning -- did you ever get a reply? Also - have you tried submitting a trouble ticket and getting an answer that way?

Very interested in hearing what the outcome is -- and I hope you get some kind of positive outcome. Good luck with this!

Jon