"parental Advisor" And "mobile Security & Antivirus"

heterodox
edited September 2015 in General

If I buy Bitdefender Total Security 2016, does that license include use of the Android apps "Bitdefender Parental Advisor" and "Mobile Security & Antivirus"?

I'm pretty sure that Parental Advisor is included, but much less sure about Mobile Security & Antivirus. On the BTS 2016 page, it says "Also monitors restricted areas and informs you when your child is where he isn't supposed to be, via an Android app."

My concern is that I want parental control and anti-theft features on my Android phones, and do not want separate licenses for these apps.

And for the record: The case in the title makes me look like an idiot, but I entered it correctly. For some reason, the forum changes:

"Parental Advisor" and "Mobile Security & Antivirus", are they included with BTS 2016?

To:

"parental Advisor" And "mobile Security & Antivirus", Are they included with BTS 2016?

Comments

• SERIOUSLY?

No one can answer this simple question? I only have to ask because the ****** who made the Bitdefender web site did not think that prospective customers would need to know WHICH PRODUCTS THEY WOULD BE INSTALLING AND WORKING WITH!

I am not content knowing "Oh gee, anti-theft and parental ... something or other." I want to download and install the apps and TRY THEM.

I have emailed, I have posted in forums, and I have tried many times to use the useless "chat" function, which I'm pretty sure simply sets up a timer and doesn't connect to anything. I cannot ask on Wilders or anywhere else, because I do not want to be profiled.

If I do not get an answer SOON, I will perma-ban Bitdefender like I have Krapersky and Snorton.

• Up until yesterday or today, 2016 products WERE NOT EVEN LISTED on your web form. And now, you claim to be "Windows 10 compatible," yet you still do not list Windows 10 on your contact form. And yet somehow I am supposed to feel comfortable coughing up $100 or $200 to subsidize you. Right?

It's not about "Gee, does the product install and run," it's about being a professional tech company! Do you have people responsible for maintaining your site OR NOT?

post-159226-1442275205_thumb.png

• Had a crap day today and then mbibed a bit tonight... Came here to edit/delete but oops, can't do that. Sorry. :wub:

At least everyone got some entertainment! -_-

• Had a crap day today and then mbibed a bit tonight... Came here to edit/delete but oops, can't do that. Sorry. :wub:

At least everyone got some entertainment! -_-

Don't feel bad. I have been trying to contact tech support since Sunday. Bitdefender is about to get a letter stating I want my money back for the remainder of my license.

• heterodox
    edited September 2015

I imagine they are understaffed, overworked, and underappreciated. If so, that's unfortunate, and it's frustrating for customers and prospective customers alike.

• I am 95% sure the answer for both apps is that yes, they are included. I just found that if I log into Bitdefender Central and then hit "My Subscriptions" and click "+" to add a device under BDTS 2016, then select Android, it directs me to the "Parental Advisor" and "Mobile Security & Antivirus" apps on Google Play. It would be ridiculous for it to do this unless both apps were included with BDTS 2016.

So, it's as I suspected. But the BDTS license I am considering spending my money on is NOT chea.p, and I did not want to do so on mere suspicion.

• heterodox
    edited September 2015

Hey, why not reply to myself AGAIN?

I just bought a license for BD Family Pack 2016. I guess that's what I needed. I think the web site changed 4 or 5 more times since I started this thread.

It's not my fault. They make the product selection way too confusing, with all the focus on ****** who just need to see the dazzling words like "Photon" or "GOLD for Fast System Speed," and no focus on telling you which products you actually get OR WHICH LICENSE YOU NEED!

Why was I seeing references to Android apps on the BDTS page and within BD Central, if those licenses aren't included?

I barely had enough confidence in BD to buy a license. I still feel a bit uneasy. Things like a web site that doesn't list the latest version of Windows are bad enough. I also found that clicking "Buy now" in the BDTS interface links to the WRONG PRODUCT! It brought me to BDTS 2015, not 2016. Yes, clicking "Buy now" in the actual BDTS 2016 interface brings you to a BDTS 2015 page. The "Buy now" function is, monetarily speaking, the MOST IMPORTANT function in the entire app, and no one could be bothered checking it, or fixing the site, whichever.

Bitdefender needs to simplify its product and licensing selection. Or, if they don't do that, AT LEAST EXPLAIN IT CLEARLY SOMEWHERE, OR RESPOND TO QUESTIONS!

• This is what happens when the driving forces and most of the resources in a company are marketing orientated. Smart Hip trendy marketing words to dazzle you, all smile no teeth. Tech heads are employed as they are 'required somehow'.