Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Refund & Support Web Page

Options
W8WCA
W8WCA
edited September 2015 in General

I installed BD TS 2016 and after It installed properly (The Free Version of BD would NOT install on my Laptop - went thru all sorts of stuff with Customer Service and they cane up with nothing that Helped)

Anyway now that I got it installed - Microsoft Money Will not open it's data file it says I do not have permissions to.

I tried to fix that but it did not work

So

I unstalled BD TS 2016 and Money went back to working fine -

Then I tried to use the web site to request a refund.

I filled out the form hit submit button; sometimes I got some lame photos to choose from that are supposed to be similar ones & sometimes it just let me click I am not a robot.

Anyway I tried on Windows 8,1 FIrefox and IE and Chrome No GO on any

I tried on RHEL Linux and with Chromium and FIrefox No Go

I tried oon windows 7 Pro with Chrome - Firefox and IE No Go

I tried on windows 10 no go

This is NUTS!

I tried the chat and got nowhere - so I am just kind of posting this as a warning for people to just stay away from BD completely!

No way to get to service to get a refund or even just help.

The web site Submit button seems to be completely broken even when my systems had Java and even current java,

Regretfully

Charlie

Comments

• heterodox
    edited September 2015
    Options

Wait -- You got help for the FREE version of BD, yet I can't get help even after PAYING for BD? I request support, then wait 4 or 5 days, and get a bizarre response, to which I reply as best I can. Then, I get some canned nonsensical non-answer, followed by message after message after message saying they're waiting for a response from me, when my response really is nothing but shaking my head.

The "Chat" function on the site is hilarious. Rather than "Chat," it should say "Click here to stare at a blank web page until the button refreshes to say 'Email'. BTW, emailing us will do no good."

You can request a refund from the payment processor (probably Avangate). BD has a "30-day money-back guarantee," which you can quote to get your refund. If they ignore or stonewall you, bypass them and contact your credit card issuer. Be sure to provide them with the documentation saying you tried normal channels to get a refund. You'll get your refund if you want it.

• W8WCA
    Options
    Wait -- You got help for the FREE version of BD, yet I can't get help even after PAYING for BD? I request support, then wait 4 or 5 days, and get a bizarre response, to which I reply as best I can. Then, I get some canned nonsensical non-answer, followed by message after message after message saying they're waiting for a response from me, when my response really is nothing but shaking my head.

The "Chat" function on the site is hilarious. Rather than "Chat," it should say "Click here to stare at a blank web page until the button refreshes to say 'Email'. BTW, emailing us will do no good."

You can request a refund from the payment processor (probably Avangate). BD has a "30-day money-back guarantee," which you can quote to get your refund. If they ignore or stonewall you, bypass them and contact your credit card issuer. Be sure to provide them with the documentation saying you tried normal channels to get a refund. You'll get your refund if you want it.

Well yes i did get some attempts at help.

BUT I was never able to install the Free Version on my Laptop.

I sent them logs did uninstalls with custom uninstaller did all sorts of tests - but in the end - I cannot install the free version on my laptop and they could not figure it out.

I did finally get through to someone that said they will get a refund started for me.