Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdts 2016 On W10 Home 64bit Make A Repair Cycle Loop

Options

I just bought new PC with Win 10 Home on Sep 18 2015. I bought BDTS 2016 for it. after login to BD central i installed it on new PC. everything seems ok and i directly upgrade the BDTS 2016 via the dashboard.

The problem happened when i restart my PC or shutdown then restart again. The Win10 wont start, instead it put into repair cycle. when i insist to exit the repair cycle to enter windows 10, it instead restart the PC again as if i push restart button.

It keep doing that endlessly, until i choose the option to reset clean the windows and remove all apps. the 2nd time after i installed Win 10 before installing any other app, i install the BDTS 2016 again then upgrade and restart. It happened again, the loop repair cycle that says Windows did not start correctly.

Only after i fresh installed WIn10 without installing BDTS2016 it work perfectly normal. i open ticket to Tech SUpport no 2015091809420001 a week ago and no solution from them yet.

Is the BDTS 2016 did not compatible with WIn 10 Home?

any help is appreciated since i already bought 2 years licence subscription for it, and now its a waste and i rely on windows defender.

Comments

• I just bought new PC with Win 10 Home on Sep 18 2015. I bought BDTS 2016 for it. after login to BD central i installed it on new PC. everything seems ok and i directly upgrade the BDTS 2016 via the dashboard.

The problem happened when i restart my PC or shutdown then restart again. The Win10 wont start, instead it put into repair cycle. when i insist to exit the repair cycle to enter windows 10, it instead restart the PC again as if i push restart button.

It keep doing that endlessly, until i choose the option to reset clean the windows and remove all apps. the 2nd time after i installed Win 10 before installing any other app, i install the BDTS 2016 again then upgrade and restart. It happened again, the loop repair cycle that says Windows did not start correctly.

Only after i fresh installed WIn10 without installing BDTS2016 it work perfectly normal. i open ticket to Tech SUpport no 2015091809420001 a week ago and no solution from them yet.

Is the BDTS 2016 did not compatible with WIn 10 Home?

any help is appreciated since i already bought 2 years licence subscription for it, and now its a waste and i rely on windows defender.

I have the same issue.

BD Internet security 2016. No matter what I do, I get into a restart loop. The only way to get out of the loop is to do a system restore.

This is on a brand new install of windows 10 64-bit.

I re-installed internet security 2015 as this was the version i originally bought and I can safely boot into windows.

• muni
    Options

Same thing happened to me but the cause was a little different. I plugged in a USB drive, bitdefender started to scan it as usual but then it got stuck and windows 10 became unresponsive. This also happens when I run quick scan. I had to restart my PC everytime after this to get it back to work. So I decided to repair bitdefender and I did it. It asked me to restart, which I did, and then got stuck in the "repair cycle loop". I tried everything to fix it but I failed. Finally I had to reset my windows which I didn't like because I had so many softwares installed.

Using:

Windows 10 Education (x64).

Bitdefender Internet Security 2016.

• Hitbit
    Options

Hello,

I am gobsmacked that the very serious issues raised here have not gotten a response from either forum members or tech support whom I imagine monitor the forum.

I have Total Security 2015 and was pondering extending with 2016 or switching to Kaspersky's suite given the massive price difference between the two. I think I will refrain from extending with BD 2016 till the above issues are dealt with as I too have Windows 10 which is working just fine with BDTS 2015. 2016 is far too expensive an investment if it has issues as described above.

Now I appreciate Windowst does things like switching my BitDefender Firewall off now and then despite my instructing it to select BD as the default so may have its finger in this pie.

Hitbit

• I recently got a new laptop with Windows 10 (yesterday) and the first software I installed onto it was Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 and updated it. Afterwards, I installed Chrome and VLC media player then tried to do a restart but encountered the restart loop problem. Had to do a system restore. This morning, I re-installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 and chrome, and again I encountered the same problem, leading to another system restore. I'm not sure but based on this, I believe that there is some sort of incompatibility between Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 and Windows 10.

• Hitbit
    Options

So perhaps its just as well my newly subscribed BitDefender would not install and I have requested a refund. This and whats happening to members here does not bode well for BitDefender. Not only does it appear to have very serious compatibility issues with Win 10 and an inability to successfully install but it seems tech support are falling down badly.

Its a pity as I always found BitDefender to offer excellent protection but will not renew my subscription due to the lack of support being offered to users experiencing difficulties.

Think I too will have a closer look at Kaspersky.

Hitbit

• So.... wat bitdefender people/staff/support say about this big matter ?im really frustated bout tis joke.. i got 1 key-3pc (bitdefender total security 2015) then upgrade the key to 2016... only 2 pc i managed to install n running smoothly . another one no luck "repair cycle loop" problem. which is windows 10 home (free upgraded) anyone here got problem on windows 10 pro ?

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    So.... wat bitdefender people/staff/support say about this big matter ?im really frustated bout tis joke.. i got 1 key-3pc (bitdefender total security 2015) then upgrade the key to 2016... only 2 pc i managed to install n running smoothly . another one no luck "repair cycle loop" problem. which is windows 10 home (free upgraded) anyone here got problem on windows 10 pro ?

Tech Support doesn't really monitor the forums. Right now, email support is your best option. Anyways, I have Windows 10 Pro (x64 bit) installed and have not run into a single issue; so it could just be home users only. If you really want, I could try to test this on a VMware machine with Home installed, but it would take me time to set this up. Otherwise, like I said, Customer Support is going to have to handle this one.