Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cpu Usage

Options

I am having a very large problem with the CPU usage caused by Bitdefender. I used to barely touch the 2.6 GHz Quad Core i7-4720HQ Processor, which is overclocked to 3.3 GHz. Ever since installing Bitdefender Antivirus 2016 I have essentially lost 50% of my CPU power all the time. Is there a way to fix this problem? If not, I would like the return the software to I try another program that doesn't completely take over my computer's computing power to run. I have attached a screenshot of my task manager showing the usual CPU usage for Bitdefender.

post-194857-1443710896_thumb.png

Comments

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am having a very large problem with the CPU usage caused by Bitdefender. I used to barely touch the 2.6 GHz Quad Core i7-4720HQ Processor, which is overclocked to 3.3 GHz. Ever since installing Bitdefender Antivirus 2016 I have essentially lost 50% of my CPU power all the time. Is there a way to fix this problem? If not, I would like the return the software to I try another program that doesn't completely take over my computer's computing power to run. I have attached a screenshot of my task manager showing the usual CPU usage for Bitdefender.

No its not normal ....Bitdefender barely goes over 1% on idle and when installing updates.....It uses the max cpu only when its scanning

Judging by your screenshot its Bitdefender Wallet Agent and not its service

Try a repair

• jvick717
    edited October 2015
    Options
    No its not normal ....Bitdefender barely goes over 1% on idle and when installing updates.....It uses the max cpu only when its scanning

Judging by your screenshot its Bitdefender Wallet Agent and not its service

Try a repair

I tried ending the process through task manager with no success. How do I do a repair?

• jitzy
    Options
    I tried ending the process through task manager with no success. How do I do a repair?

Im very sorry for not putting this up in my previous post

If you are on Windows 10 go to Startmenu ---> All Apps ---> Bitdefender 2016 ---> Repair or Uninstall ---> select Repair

or go to Control Panel --> Programs & Features ---> Bitdefender 2016 ---> right click Uninstall ---> select Repair

then Reboot your PC and run Bitdefender update and restart again

Check if the issue remains

• Im very sorry for not putting this up in my previous post

If you are on Windows 10 go to Startmenu ---> All Apps ---> Bitdefender 2016 ---> Repair or Uninstall ---> select Repair

or go to Control Panel --> Programs & Features ---> Bitdefender 2016 ---> right click Uninstall ---> select Repair

then Reboot your PC and run Bitdefender update and restart again

Check if the issue remains

Hi all,

I face the same problem with BD TS 2016 on Win 10 eating up my CPU for 100%.

Repairing or deinstall (with BD Tool and reinstalling) helps nothing at all.

I documented my Problems in the german section - but obviously BD doesn't care or understand any german anymore.

So I hope there is some english speaking support staff out there at BD that is willing to even post an answer.

This is definitely getting on my nerves.

BD was great until Win 10.

It doesn't work anymore.

Please help us!

• Same issue here, repair does not help at all.

Please fix this.

• I have same issue in my Windows 8.1 OS. I disabled wallet service but anyway vsserv.exe and bdagent.exe processes take 50% of my 4 core i7 CPU. I was trying to create a support ticket but it seems like they do not have support at all.