Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antimalware Service (windows 10) Running After Startup For Several Seconds.

Options
komtur
komtur ✭✭
edited October 2015 in General

I have IS 2016 installed and working. But directly after Windows startup I still have the Antimalware Service Executable visible in the taskmanager. After ~15 - 30 seconds this service disappears (probably the Internet Security stops this service). Is this normal? Or maybe Antimalware Service should be stopped permanently after Internet Security install?

Comments

• jitzy
    jitzy ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have IS 2016 installed and working. But directly after Windows startup I still have the Antimalware Service Executable visible in the taskmanager. After ~15 - 30 seconds this service disappears (probably the Internet Security stops this service). Is this normal? Or maybe Antimalware Service should be stopped permanently after Internet Security install?

It is normal and I hate it because Bitdefender can't stop the service permanently as long as BD service is up and running

And this increases boot time and slowdowns

If you are a Pro user you can turn it off permanently using group policy editor

type gpedit.msc on run --> Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components --> Windows Defender --> double click on "Turn off windows Defender" --> click on "Enabled" --> click OK --> exit policy editor and restart your system

To enable it --> go to "Turn off Windows Defender" and click on "Disabled" or "Not Configured" --> click OK and restart