Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Central Parental Advisor Not As My.bitdefender Parental Control.

Options

What is wrong with Parental advisor? I can't block any site and I can't find the way to control the hours to access internet from my son's PC

Running Win7X32 and Total Security 2015 but I did update to a 2016 subscription.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Please anwer asap because it is very important to me!

Thank you in advance

Comments

• JJTTBB
    edited October 2015
    Options

...or not working properly...

Parental advisor is simply useless. It is not working...Although my children were playing for hours there is no activity...

I tried with pr0n sites and nothing happened... I can see everything... go everywhere I want... No protection!!

No way to find details or at least some explanation about issues shown when I press the bell icon.

I change something to my son's profile and it cannot save it.

There no way I can use this!!!

Total Security 2016 !!!

P L E A S E A N S W E R !!!

P.S. Even the editing of this post doesn't work! I can't change the word pr0n to pr0n! :)

• I need a clear YES or NO please...

1. Is Central working properly?

2. Is parental advisor like Parental control that we had so far?

3. Can I do what the image from your site shows?

So far, my answer to all three questions, is NO!

post-194955-1444243613_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

"Running Win7X32 and Total Security 2015 but I did update to a 2016 subscription."

Is Bitdefender 2016 installed and registered on the PC for which you want to set the restrictions?

• Yes, everything is in order... I can see all 3 PCs from Central, I can see my son's profile but nothing works. For example, I can see from my office that my son is running an app, I can see the summary of what kind of websites he visited presented with something like a bar chart.

BUT, No detail list, no way to visit the sites and see what he was doing, no way to stop him for visiting pr0n sites... Actually he didn't, I did, to check if Bitdefender works... and it doesn't.

Also, there is no option to control the hours the PC has internet access!

I can accept the fact that something doesn't work... What I can't understand, is that THERE IS NO OPTION... NO MENU...

Do

post-194955-1444938616_thumb.png

post-194955-1444938626_thumb.png

post-194955-1444938632_thumb.png

post-194955-1444938639_thumb.png

post-194955-1444938651_thumb.png

post-194955-1444938659_thumb.png

• In 2 of the screenshots posted I saw a couple of applications running on the PC that might block Bitdefender processes.

You should remove Symantec and IObit in particular, and all other security solutions in general, in order to be sure that Bitdefender is running fine.

Windows Live Family Safety, might be active on the PC and causing trouble. To make sure that it's not active, go to Control Panel> Programs and features> right click on Windows Live Essentials from the list of programs> select Uninstall> then select Windows Live Family Safety(if present)> remove

After the removal, run a Bitdefender repair. Once the repair is done, go to Modules> Web Protection> make sure that Scan SSL is ON, since this is the module that handles the traffic filtering.

if the issue still persists, you may want to contact the Bitdefender customer department, using their contact form:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html

Good luck!

• Thank you very much for your answer...

However, I must say that Norton Family has never caused problems to Bitdefender 2015 and Iobit is only the uninstaller... Not antimalware or similar.

Another thing is that the screens are not as in the manual, from MY PC... I mean, I don't understand why I can't see the correct menu from MY PC... Not my son's...

Windows Live Essentials might cause some trouble and I will remove the apps but I am certain that this won't help...