Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Strange Boot Behaviour - Win7

Options
OrlaRau
OrlaRau
edited October 2015 in General

I have 2 Pc's with Windows 7. One Desktop PC and One Laptop.

Both Pc's now have Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed, upgraded from 2015.

With Internet Security 2015, Windows boot started with the Microsoft flag which was on in about 15 seconds, then Black screen in a couple of seconds, and after that the light blue screen with the flower was on shortly, before Windows interface started to build up.

With Bitdefender Internet Security 2016, the Black screen, after the Microsoft flag, is on for nearly 1 ½ minute before the light blue screeen appears.

Can anyone explane this behaviour?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello OrlaRau,

Try disabling the Early Boot Scan. Open the BD GUI>Click Modules (bottom left)>Antivirus>Check the "Custom" box and open the "Miscellaneous" tab. From there you can un-check the Early Boot Scan.

Let us know if that speeds your boot time up.

Ro.

• OrlaRau
    Options

Hello Ro

Thank you very much.

I found the Early boot scan and unchecked it. Then boot is now like it was with IS 2015.

Now that I know what it is, it's just up to me to decide, wether I want this scan or not. It might be a good idea to let it do the boot scan.

Orla

• tmk
    tmk
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I have 2 Pc's with Windows 7. One Desktop PC and One Laptop.

Both Pc's now have Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 installed, upgraded from 2015.

With Internet Security 2015, Windows boot started with the Microsoft flag which was on in about 15 seconds, then Black screen in a couple of seconds, and after that the light blue screen with the flower was on shortly, before Windows interface started to build up.

With Bitdefender Internet Security 2016, the Black screen, after the Microsoft flag, is on for nearly 1 ½ minute before the light blue screeen appears.

Can anyone explane this behaviour?

I have the same issue since a few days. When I get a black screen with just a mouse cursor on it, I have to wait for about a minute to long on screen to show up. I got one BSOD today after one of black screens. Today my BD said "your subscription has expired". When I try "switch account" in BD and try to log in to my account, BD says "unexpected error...". I can't change "Early Boot Scan" option because of that lincense expire issue (I still have 77 days of my subscription when I log in at Bitdefender Central) but I don't think it is related to this option because BD was working a few days ago and I didn't have such black screens with mouse cursor before. I use BD IS 2016. I've sent an email to support as an answer to my last support ticket.

• tmk
    tmk
    edited October 2015
    Options

After starting my computer, my BD Internet Security 2016 slowed down the whole system loading again. I saw Welcome screen for about a minute, then black screen with mouse cursor for another minute then desktop showed up but I couldn't do anything. There was no icons in systray, after another minutes they appeared but BD is greyed out. I don't know what are you guys doing now with BD but please, fix it as quick as possible. The "Show" option in BD is inactive. I can't even surf the web because every link I click, the mouse cursor changes and I have to wait, even now when I'm typing this post, my FF grey out sometimes.