Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Is Unavailable / Not Responding

Options
MarylinC
edited October 2015 in General

Hi, please could I get a bit of advice on the problem I seem to be having.

I am running Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 and have found that Bitdefender is giving me a warning saying vsserv.exe is not responding / unavailable at the moment. I have tried rebooting twice but the problem is still happening.

I'm not sure how long this issue has been happening and I only became aware of it today because of trying to find out why I have been unable to access one of my regular websites for the last few days and wondered if Bitdefender had started blocking it. Looking at the Bitdefender event log, the timing of that seems to coincide with the fact that I appear to have several instances logged of Bitdefender installing some kind of update 6 days ago on 16th October. I have not made any other changes to my PC in that period other than allowing my programs to run their normal update routines but I don't recall any significant updates of any of my programs in that time.

This is a new desktop PC running Windows 8.1 that I bought back in July this year. The first day I got it I installed the free version of Bitdefender just as a trial and I also purchased and installed Malwarebytes. I purchased a proper license for Bitdefender on 5th August and have run it alongside Malwarebytes without any problems since then.

I found another thread about this issue on here after searching on Google and it suggested the problem might be caused by some kind of conflict with other security software and to try reinstalling Bitdefender.

What I don't want is to have to uninstall and discard Malwarebytes. I don't think that is the real cause of this issue and it has always worked fine in the past alongside other security programs I've used in the past, as it has also done up to now on this machine with Bitdefender.

Also, because I installed the free version first of Bitdefender I don't have the software on either a CD or saved on my hard disk so, although I have my passkey for my current license, I would need to know where I can download the correct software to reinstall it again.

Thank you for reading and I'd be grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya and welcome to the forums.

There is a possibility that MBAM Premium can interfere or conflict with Bitdefender so you need to first uninstall MBAM and also run the Bitdefender uninstaller to make sure everything is removed from your computer.

Bitdefender uninstaller.

You can download your Bitdefender 2015 from here.

If you want to use MBAM I strongly suggest you use the free program, download it after installing BD, and only use it to run on-demand scans. I have it and use it that way without any problems. :)

Ro.

• Thank you Rohugh. I'll give that a try and let you know how I get on. :)

• MarylinC
    edited October 2015
    Options

In case it helps anyone else, I seem to have solved the problem without having to uninstall anything thanks to some helpful advice from the people on the MBAM forum.

In MBAM I have set up an exclusion to the Bitdefender folder "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender"

Then within Bitdefender I've set up exclusions to a number of crucial MBAM files.

Following that, the vsserv.exe problem has gone so hopefully the two programs should hopefully be able to happily co-exist together from now on.

I was a little concerned about completely removing MBAM Premium since I previously ran it alongside Zonealarm on my last PC without any problem and I knew it ought to work fine with other security programs without conflicts.

For reference, the MBAM files to exclude within Bitdefender are:-

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe