Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2016 - Regional Restriction

Options

Hey guys

This is my first time using Bitdefender. I have decided to purchase this software due to the numerous positive reviews (my daughter also uses this on her laptop which works flawlessly).

I purchased the Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 - Download (1PC, 3YR) package from HermanStreet.com. Link: http://store.hermanstreet.com/bitdefender-...y-2016-download

I have gone through all the steps as per their instructions: downloaded the installer (as provided in their e-mail along with the serial code), and then waited for the entire installation process to finish. I then tried to enter the serial code via Bitdefender Central, but an error message appears: "This code is restricted in your region and can't be used to activate a subscription on your account. Please contact your vendor for more..."

I have already tried to contact the retailer but haven't heard anything back yet. Also done some googling and looked up the support pages on your website, but still couldn't resolve this issue. I know from some past online queries of similar experience encountered by others is that this is a regional lock issue and can only be fixed by Bitdefender? I spoke to my daughter about it, surprisingly she never experienced this issue considering that we are in the same country and used the same retailer to buy the software. Not sure what is the next step. Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Look forward to hear from your team.

Many thanks

Darryn (from New Zealand)

Comments

• Just an update:

Received a formal response from Hermanstreet.com, and their response is:

"Thank you for contacting Herman Street. I apologize for the problems you have experienced utilizing your new software. With these kinds of issues, it would be most helpful to contact Bit Defender's technical support directly, since we are only a 3rd party distributor."

Looks like can only get this fixed via Bitdefender. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Darryn,

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender.

A Commercial Support representative will contact you via email - ticket ID 2015102607580003. Please provide them with the activation code received from Herman Street so they can look into this. Do NOT post it on the forums!

• Hello Darryn,

A Commercial Support representative will contact you via email - ticket ID 2015102607580003. Please provide them with the activation code received from Herman Street so they can look into this. Do NOT post it on the forums!

Hello,

I have the same issue, already opened 2 tickets, no one help me out yet. (Told me to follow installation process which ain't the issue).

please help.

my 2 ticket IDs are:

Thanks, Nir

• Hello Darryn,

The same issue here: Ticket ID [#UIO-262-50951]

• Hey

Any of you guys had the activation issues fixed or had bitdefender contact?

Have the same problem with their internet security 2016, install it and follow all the prompts, insert the supplied code and states cant activate due to region.

Super super difficult to contact them, there live support chat is non existent. Also sent 2 emails, had zero reply.

Awesome customer service!!

• Update

Had numerous responses and 2 work arounds from Bitdefender support.

The team was awesome in providing me with a second fix as the first came up with a glitch.

Thank you to the Bitdefender support team.