Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pop-up Ads

Options
himisfits
edited November 2015 in General

This post is my last attempt at submitting my complaint. I attempted to send a ticket to your support center 4 days ago but the reply sent back didn't actually address any of my concerns and seemed to ignore everything I said. I then attempted to start a live chat and it failed saying there was no one available.

Ticket no: 2015110203080001

Below is the complaint I sent.

I am a Bitdefender AntiVirus Plus 2015 subscriber with 59 days left on my subscription. I am in the computer repair business and have referred (at least) 4 different people to your product who all have active subscriptions at this time. Today I received a pop-up notification with a coupon advertising a "Limited Time Offer" for 25% off one of your products. I received this on both my and my fiance's computer. We both just closed them when they came up, but mentioned it to each other later that we had received an ad from Bitdefender.

I understand you want to inform people who are getting closer to the end of their subscription of current/upcoming deals. What I do not appreciate is an intrusive ad that pops up without any prompting (I didn't click anything Bitdefender related). I wouldn't mind a small red banner or something when I actually have Bitdefender open, but this is a violation of the antivirus's power to give me prompts. Part of the reason I use a paid subscription service that I carefully research beforehand is so I can avoid all pop-ups while still having adequate antivirus protection. There are so many other ways I wouldn't mind getting information on deals. The Bitdefender Control Panel can be used to display messages and I also have an email address.

This occurred 2 months before my subscription is actually ending. That only indicates to me that you are planning on sending additional notifications in this manner, as two months is a long time before my subscription actually ends and I would surely forget about this deal. So I fear now that you may continue to abuse the prompts in your antivirus to advertise throughout the end of my subscription.

You should also consider how I have two months to think about my next antivirus subscription. I surely don't want one that will send me pop-up advertisements! I always do careful research and consult with my friends, family, and customers about the latest antivirus I have switched to. I hope you plan on rethinking your service, and I have two months to think things over myself

Since sending the first ticket we have received another pop-up ad from bit defender so our original assumption (that these pop-ups would continue) was correct. That is already 2 popups on each computer in the last 4 days. That is unacceptable.

Comments

• Just got the popup for the 3rd time. This time I took a screen shot.

EqyZ95P.png

• Logged into this forum to see if others were getting this (very) annoying popup. I have 89 days left on my subscription and I've gotten this annoyance once or twice a day for the last few days. I have no problem with popping up an offer, but there should be a box to say don't show this ad again rather than repeatedly pestering me.

Like the OP, I have 2-3 months before expiration - so it's not a pressing issue at this time. BTW, the offer is not that attractive - I've seen better discounts on NewEgg for instance.

• With the lack of response from this company I have already decided I will not be using this company's products anymore. My first attempt at communicating was on the 1st. I have not had one personalized response from them addressing this issue. I would have accepted an apology and them telling me they would move it up the chain.

If they don't have enough staffing to properly address their customer's concerns then I have to wonder if they are properly staffed enough to keep up on their virus signature database. So I will be using and recommending a different antivirus for the future.

• Bitdefender products feature anti-virus and anti-spyware capabilities against internet security threats such as viruses,

Thanks , :)