Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Icon Greyed Out

Options

Hello,

Install of Bitdefender Total Security 2016 went OK, except that the icon in systray is greyed out.

About shows correct info.

Show does not show anything.

Double-click on Bitdefender icon on desktop ("C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\bdagent.exe" /seccenter) does not start anything.

Any hints ?

Comments

• When you hover your curser over it what does it say?

• When you hover your curser over it what does it say?

Please sign in to activate Bitdefender

• Reboot the machine and you should be fine.

• no change.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello magr40,

Are you accessing Bitdefender as the Administrator, if you try from a user account settings are not available.

Ro.

• Just to be sure I run mcpr.exe (McAfee Removal Tool), followed by Bitdefender Repair.

Then I rebooted the PC, and now Bitdefender Show works as expected.

I am not sure if mcpr.exe did it, or Bitdefender Repair dit it. May be both.

• webbr1
    Options

I am on Windows 10 Pro x64. Had BitDefender Total Protection 2015. I upgraded to BitDefender Total Protection 2016 Family Pack. I downloaded, installed, it asked to remove the old version so I did. Rebooted, installed BitDefender Total Protection 2016. It finished the install, I rebooted, yet the BitDefender tray icon is grayed out. The BitDefender Total Protection 2016 product appears to be working normally (checked all modules). When I hover over the gray "B" icon, I get the message "Please sign in to active BitDefender" - which I've already done several times. Actually had to do it before I could activate the product. When I check the license status, it says I am good for another 365 days. When I log into BitDefender Central (apparently a new site, different than the one you'd typically go to for BitDefender 2015 and prior products) - it says I am active and even sees the device I installed Total Protection 2016 on. I've checked every possibly licensing and subscription portal site and area I can, everything says I am registered, activated, and ok - seems the client on Windows 10 doesn't agree. There aren't any firewall or other filtration processes running that would interfere with this (and as I said the 2016 product is capable of phoning home). Seem to be out of options at the moment. If rebooting doesn't fix this, what does?

I saw the post about McAfee removal tools, but I am not sure about running McAfee tools since I've never had McAfee running on here (I absolutely cannot stand Mcrapee anyway - it's awful and doesn't even protect against basic ransomware as my workplace found out because they foolishly chose to implement it enterprise-wide). I am an experienced IT professional, so any suggestion short or writing code to fix it would be fine with me...I'm just scratching my head on this one.

• vknowles
    Options

I got this shortly after installing on a laptop. After I installed Bitdefender, I also installed some updates from the laptop manufacturer. During that process, the Bitdefender tray icon went gray. I clicked "Show" and it displayed a login screen. I decided to go along and logged in. Then the Bitdefender UI showed I was protected, but the icon was still gray. I rebooted one last time, and now it's red and appears to be functioning normally.

I'll post again if it happens again.

• Sorin G.
    Options

@Vknowles thank you for posting your feedback to assist other members of the community to solve the situation

@Webbr1 please let us know if the situation you encountered is on a virtual machine or a physical one.

If its not on a virtual machine please do a fresh reinstall of the product to ensure you have the latest build by following the steps in the article bellow.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1477.html