Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Migrate Computers From 2015ts To 2016ts Over Months?

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 2015 Total Security (3-licence pack). One licence is assigned to my wife's computer, one to my main tower (now with a Windows 10 clean install), and one to my laptop, still running Windows 7 HP.

I have read through the upgrading articles, but it seems that once I go to Bitdefender Central and insert my 2015 TS key, which still has over a 1,000 days to go, that all of the computers will be "upgraded" to a 2016 licence.

Do I have to upgrade the laptop and my wife's computer right away, if I upgrade my main computer to 2016 TS? I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop in January (not now), and I am not sure that my wife will want to upgrade from 2015TS for a few months more (she's waiting for the 2016 problems to all be resolved).

I am hoping that BD will recognize the 2016 TS licence(s) on the two computers that would still be running 2015 TS until such time as I decided to upgrade them to the 2016 versions.

Any clarification would be welcome. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hi again,

I migrated over to Win 10 and to BD TS 2016 over a period of time with my 3 computers and had no conflicts with the licenses or the Central/My Bitdefender accounts. I don't remember the order in which I did it all but it all went smoothly.

Ro.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again to you, Rohugh:

That is good news. With the complexity of Bitdefender version upgrades, I did not want to take any chances stranding by BD 2015 version computers. Thank you for your response.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor