Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Slow Boot With An Ssd

Options

I've been using another AV product for quite some years, but as I am not entirely satisfied, I wanted to try Bitdefender AntiVirus Plus. So, I did uninstall my previous anti-virus software, plus I used the removal tool to remove any leftovers. Then I installed Bitdefender AntiVirus Plus 2016. After rebooting I noticed that Windows 10 Pro x64 had a big delay on the welcome screen. Researched a while, and found someone with a similar problem, saying to disable the scan at boot feature, which I did. This time, it did not delayed on the welcome screen, but had a black screen before, for the same amount of time. So, with the early scan enabled or disabled, it takes alot of time to boot, I have a very fast SSD. Removing Bitdefender and returning to my previous AV, works perfectly.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

Does the issue still occur if you perform a clean startup with only Microsoft and Bitdefender services?

You can find details about this procedure described in the Microsoft KB article below, "How to perform a clean boot" section:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Leave only Microsoft services and these 3 Bitdefender services enabled before restarting for a clean boot:

Bitdefender Desktop Update Service

Bitdefender Virus Shield

Product Agent Service

This way, we can understand if the issue is generated solely by Bitdefender (you will still have the black screen) or if the issue is the result of a conflict with another application installed on your PC (in such case the issue is solved after restart).

We are waiting for your feedback on the matter and we will respond in the shortest time possible.

• VickyGal
    Options

Try this:

Go to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016 (or whatever ver. you have) and make shortcuts for the executables bdwtxag.exe and bdagent.exe on your desktop. Then, move the shortcuts to the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp folder. Reboot and you should see a big difference in boot time.

Hope this helps,

Vicky