Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blue Screen During Instalation

Options

I installed Bitdefender AV plus 2016 on my home pc running Windows 8.1 pro. During the last part of the installation (configuration part I think) I got a blue screen and restarted. After the restart the installation continued by itself, and appeared to have finished normally. I haven't had any issues since that, the program says everything is ok. My question is should I reinstall bitdefender because of the blue screen during installation, or leave it as is?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello delian87 and welcome to the forums,

It sounds as if everything is running fine so I would not bother with a reinstall. If you are worried you can always run a repair, if there are any corrupt files they will be fixed during the repair.

Open your Windows Control Panel>Programs and Features>Bitdefender. Double click it and choose "Repair". Allow it to complete and reboot your system.

Ro.

• I installed Bitdefender AV plus 2016 on my home pc running Windows 8.1 pro. During the last part of the installation (configuration part I think) I got a blue screen and restarted. After the restart the installation continued by itself, and appeared to have finished normally. I haven't had any issues since that, the program says everything is ok. My question is should I reinstall bitdefender because of the blue screen during installation, or leave it as is?

Hi! I have had that happen also. I always make sure that I have the Computer set to Never Go To Sleep and to Never Turn off The Screen when I do a Fresh install of Bitdefender.

This on my Toshiba Laptop stops it from doing what you Described. Cheers!

• Thank you, I repaired it, hopefully everything will be ok.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello everyone,

If you are still dealing with BSOD during the Bitdefender 2016 installation please reinstall with a fresh kit downloaded from Central as we made some improvements to the latest kit.

Thank you!