Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install Failed Due To Bd 2011?

Options

OK, installed and ran BD 2015 no problem last year, now when I try to uninstall/upgrade to 2016 I get an error that says I must manually uninstall BD 2011. Tried running all the old and new uninstall tools with no luck (but they did run successfully), regular AND safe mode. Why would 2015 install and work over 2011, but now I can't get 2016 installed? Running Window 10 now. Keeps tryin to install itself during boot_s, but fails with same error.

Comments

• I'm having the same exact issue only I'm running Windows 7. I did get it to install on a Windows 8 different machine without any problems. So far I'm about 5 hours into searching and attempting different options to no avail. Really wish they would have just stuck with the old format of license keys. Never had a single problem for the past 4 years.

• Ok so I'm friggin done. Two full days trying to fix this install error and no success. The final straw was speaking with their tech support who instructs to send them setup tool info along with an autolog file and screenshots of the error. I waste another two hours compiling all this crap (the majority of that time waiting for the stupid online download of the install file, just so I can get the ###### error message for the screenshot) and what happens next? The email address where I'm supposed to send the info is corrupt and I get a permanent error along with virus exposure. So screw you Bitdefender. You've just lost a long time recurring source of revenue due to your dumb ###### online portal installation requirements. I expect my refund soon.

• I also gave up on that machine and installed Avast free just to be covered. I remember when I punted BD 2011 I had trouble getting it uninstalled.

• Georgia
    Options

Hi,

To overcome this issue please run the latest Bitdefender uninstall tool uploaded last week here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...installTool.exe

- access the link and when the window with the Bitdefender file appears, please choose the 'Save' option

- save (download) the tool on the PC first

- right-click on it and from the menu choose 'Run as Administrator'

- click on 'Uninstall', then restart the computer when prompted.

Note: this process will take about 10 minutes to complete. Only restart the computer when it asks you to.

If the situation persists restart Windows and as soon as Bitdefender starts unpacking the installation files (do not wait for the same notification to appear):

1. Click Start then type %TEMP% inside the Windows search bar and hit Enter on your keyboard.

2. Inside the 'Temp' folder that opens locate the folder RarSFX0 and then delete from this folder the file competitive.json

3. Now continue the Bitdefender installation.

Let us know how is everything going.

Thank you!