Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Stopped Working Due To Email Confusion

Options

Renewed my subscription on 17 December 2015 (BitDefender Internet Security 2016), uninstalled my 2012 version (am buying 3-year subscriptions)and installed the new version without a prob, alo was able to activate the product.

Now, on 22 March, I all of a sudden get a message from my BitDefender AV that I need to log-in to BD-Central, which I promptly do. To my dismay, after I logged-in to BD-Central, BitDefender greyed-out in the quick-launch area and I can no longer use its interface (there's a transparant film sitting over the interface with the message "your subscription has expired" )

Using Process Explorer, I was able to see that my BitDefender AV seemed to be still working, but nevertheless, to play safe while I got things sorted, I decided to download a trial version and installed it.

But, this is where it gets more complicated than it already was (I'll come back to that in a minute). On the U.S. website (or any other BD site), whatever version you choose to download, you always get the same version, namely "BitDefender Total Security 2016", which means I'm using a version now which I didn't ask for.

Now, back to the complicated bit:

I'm from Belgium, Flemish (like Dutch; we use the same dictionary) and when buying/renewing a subscription, there's only two language options, namely Nederlands (Flemish/Dutch) and French, despite the fact that Belgium officially is tri-lingual (with German as third language) and the fact we have the main seats of the European Union, S.H.A.P.E. (HQ of the Allied Forces in Europe) and N.A.T.O., which would entice to at least add English as a language option.

Because all software on my PC, including operating system, is in English, I prefer an English version of my AV solution as well.

Okay, so far, not so good: when going to the US website of BD to buy, you have to choose what country you're from and when doing so, you get immediately warped back to the Belgian site, so, no option to get an English version.

So, I bought from the Belgian site. But, to my amazement, when opting to buy, you are being transferred to a French website to fill out the info needed as well as for the payment. So, geting tired of being shoved around, I bought from that French website, but, after having gotten the confirmatio mail, proof of purchase and my activation code with link to download BitDefender, I went back to the US site, downloaded a trial version and installed that one, to immediately fill-out my activation codeand, voilà, I had a working English version.

Another matter is the fact that, in the past, using Firefox as web browser proved a touch difficultto get on BD-Central, so, back in 2012 (I think) I disregarded my old BD-Central account and made a new one. But, in all my glorious wisdom, I used a different email address for this account than the one I used to buy BD Internet Security 2016, with the result that, after three months of working normally, BD all of a sudden got smart and told me my subscription had expired, while chez BD-Central it shows I still have 1004 days to go...

I tried to change the email address for my BD-Central account, but it doesn't accept the password I thought I used, which has me sitting here, typing down this story...

Must add that I opened a help ticket (2016032218210004) but for some unfathomable reason they can't help me because I purchased my AV on a French site and consequently made me do things over in French. The French help site responded with supplying me with a link to download their newest kit, but of couse, the French being, well, French, the whole kaboodle is also in French...

So, what is the next step, please?

JJ

Comments

• Disregard my above entry. Things have been sorted through live chat, finally, after trying to get in for 24hrs...