Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Wamp Server Not Starting, Hosts Locked?

Options

Does Bitdefender antivirus plus 2016 lock the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file in WIndows 10? And if so, how can I enable WAMP server (wampserver3 for x86 with apache2.4.17, mysql5.7.9 and php5.6.15) access to the hosts file?

FWIW, I get the following error while starting the WAMP server:

PHP Warning: chmod(): Permission denied in C:\wamp\scripts\config.inc.php on line 68
Impossible to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts to be writable
The file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts is not writable

Comments

• Beginning with 20.0.25.1377 (or maybe the latest 26.1418) BD added "Scan hosts file" under the Advanced General settings. I don't remember if that's enabled by default. If so, maybe you need to disable that?

Is there anything in your Events relating to the hosts file?

I checked on my system and even when enabled, the hosts file attribute has not been set read only. Have you looked at state of the read-only attribute of your hosts file?

• MBergijk
    Options

Thanks. But no luck. The 'Scan hosts files' is now turned off. But I still have the same problem, "hosts is not writable".

• Well, since you responded to only 1/3 of my inquiries, there's no more I want to do here. Good luck.

• MBergijk
    Options

In the end I deinstalled WAMP, and installed it as administrator. After that it seems to work. Does an administrator process trumps Bitdefender in locking hosts? But then I did turn off 'Scan hosts files'. Thanks for the help.