Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Manually Delete Virus?

Options

Bitdefender has detected an "issue".

I click on that and a screen pops up revealing a generic Trojan along with its file path.

Below are two options: "reveal in folder" or "add to exclusions"

I click on "reveal in folder" but nothing happens.

So I try to manually foloow the path to locate the virus but there's a problem...The folder that Bitdefender says the virus is in does not appear on my computer.

Now what?

And by the way, why on earth doesn't Bitdefender give me the option to have Bitdefender delete the virus?

This is exactly the kind of thing I would expect anti-virus software to do for me.

That should really be the only prompt from Bitdefender...

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Please know that "reveal in Finder" is based on OS X policies, thus it will be limited by them. The unresolved item could be in a location that cannot be directly accessed (inside an archive, image file, etc)

Bitdefender does not list an option to delete the item because it wasn't able to do that in the first place. There are strict Apple policies that prevent any application for modifying the contents of certain locations.

To be able to further assist you in this matter please provide us with a Scan Log.

1. Click on Finder and then click on Go (Top menu bar) and, from the drop-down menu, click on "Computer"
    2. Go to: Macintosh HDD (or the name that you have set for your system drive) > Library > Application Support > Antivirus for Mac > Logs. Here you will find all the logs (update, scan, events, etc).
    3. Send us the com.bitdefender.coreissues.antivirus.plist and com.bitdefender.coreissues.history.plist files as an attachment to the reply or upload them to www.wetransfer.com and post the download link.

Note: In the "Logs" folder there will be several files with similar names. Please make sure you select the ones with coreissues.antivirus and coreissues.history in their names.

• Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.