Bitdefender Wallet Firefox Extension Fails To Install

Hi,

I've installed Bitdefender Total Security 2016 without encountering any error messages. Every part of the software is working ok except the Bitdefender Wallet Firefox extension. It is enabled in the Password Manager settings. The extension is not present in the Firefox Add-ons Manager. The only message from Bitdefender Total Security is shown when running the Firefox for the first time after installing Bitdefender. It reads

To ensure full protection, Bitdefender needs to close applications, such as Firefox, ....

Allowing Bitdefender to do so, Firefox will be closed but Wallet extension is still missing after a few hours of waiting.

I've tried 1) restarting Windows when Bitdefender's Events says to do so, 2) repairing Bitdefender, 3) reinstalling Bitdefender, 4) disabling the corresponding option in the Password Manager's plugins section then re-enabling it, and 5) refreshing Firefox and reinstalling Bitdefender. None of these methods has solved the problem. I didn't have this problem on my other PC.

System specifications: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Firefox 46.0.1 64-bit version, Wallet is present in Chrome browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello R2000

Please ensure the Wallet is enabled within the product and that Firefox is selected in the Plugins tab

- bring up Bitdefender

- click on Modules

- go to Privacy

- click on Password Manager

- if the module is enabled you will see a blue check mark on the top right of the interface

- click on Plugins and ensure Firefox has a blue check mark beside it

• Dear Sorin,

I followed the steps in your reply. Password Manager module is on and Mozilla Firefox is checked in the Plugins section.

Regards

• Hello

In the list of browsers where you see Firefox do you have a option "Install Extension" ? If yes please click on it, it should trigger the install of the Wallet in your Firefox on the next startup.

Also if you can provide me with a screenshot of the Plugins menu in the Password Manager