Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus 2016 Fails Windows 10 Build Update

Options

​Hello, I recently sent a ticket no. 2016052606330002 with the very same topic. Also, I only lately found out that the support tickets are still not working, so I decided to open up this thread.

Apart from being generally useful, Bitdefender Antivirus 2016 is making each Windows 10 new build update to fail during instalation. I tried a few methods to force update, yet they kept failing one after one. Only after deinstalling your program completely - update actually came through. How is that? I'm not about to stop using your antivirus but it's kind of painful to uninstall it each time a new build for Windows 10 is released.

Cheers and thanks for any help.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hello SirHawk,

We apologize for the delayed answer, I have forwarded your ticket to the proper department.

Please check your email as you have received a email regarding the case. We will continue troubleshooting via ticket 2016052606330002

It would also greatly assist us if you would firstly provide us with the product build and the Windows build.

• Aml7604
    Options

I'm experiencing probably the exact same problem or at least something very similar after installation of update KB3156421.

After installation of this update several services failed to start. I rolled back Windows to an earlier restore point, but after the notebook rebooted after the roll-back it displayed a message that the virus protection had prevented it from completely performing the requested action. Suspecting a virus I performed a complete system scan. Except for some tracking cookies nothing was found.

The problem seemed solved though, but some time later the next update came along and the problem was back. This time I identified the update as the culprit and uninstalled only the update, which again solved the problem. Figuring it may be Bitdefender causing the problem I uninstalled Bitdefender and successfully installed the update (no service that failed to start). After reinstalling Bitdefender, now Bitdefender doesn't work properly anymore: The app that used to indicate the status and the Awake message in the bottom right corner don't appear automatically any more. Only after double clicking the Bitdefender 2016 icon on the desktop, it states the anti phishing filter isn't active, encourages me to solve that and only then the apps appear. Is Bitdefender even running properly in the mean time?

I tried repairing Bitdefender and reïnstalling it. Both didn't help. What can I do short of completely reïnstalling the system from scratch?

Thank in advance for any useful suggestion.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello AML,

I have responded to your ticket, please check your Inbox.

We will continue the discussion on ticket number : 2016060219340002

This discussion has been closed.