Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stuttering In Video Playback And Video Games.

Options

I just bought and installed Total Security 2016. In the past I had Total Security versions 2013, 2014, and 2015. Each time I use the proper removal tool to uninstall the previous version then install the latest one. The computer I install these on has been the same.

Now that I'm on TS 2016 I notice diminished performance in gaming and during video playback. While playing a video game and beginning a stream frame-rate plummets from an average 120-160fps to 40-50fps and stream playback becomes choppy and audio/video slows down, something I've never seen before. Once the stream has buffered fps stabilizes but at diminished rate.

I've tried running in auto-pilot mode, I've tried manually setting to game mode, and I've edited the profiles for game mode to enable all the settings except "adjust power plan" as this is a desktop.

I don't have much basis to place blame at TS 2016 other than the fact that these issues presented immediately after installing TS 2016 and absolutely no other changes to my system have been made otherwise. I've also been playing the same video games simultaneous while watching same streaming services without any problem with any of the previous versions. The only thing I did different with TS 2016 was to install it on my System Drive (C:) which is an SDD as opposed to a secondary non-system HDD which is where I installed the previous versions.

Where can I start to fix, or gather more information to diagnose, this problem?

Thanks in advance.

My Desktop PC specs: Intel i7-2600K -- 16BG DDR3-1600 -- GTX680 GPU -- Samsung 830 SSD -- WD Black HDD -- Windows 7

Comments

• spikeles
    Options

There is a /index.php?showtopic=68902" rel="">known issue that can cause the entire computer to lag while certain network data is being transferred (such as streaming video). If you are experiencing this, turning off the "Block port scans in the network" option in the firewall module should instantly fix it

If that doesn't fix, then try uninstalling Bitdefender entirely. If your issue is resolved, then you know it's Bitdefender and you should probably open a support ticket.

• ma60
    Options

There is a /index.php?showtopic=68902" rel="">known issue that can cause the entire computer to lag while certain network data is being transferred (such as streaming video). If you are experiencing this, turning off the "Block port scans in the network" option in the firewall module should instantly fix it

If that doesn't fix, then try uninstalling Bitdefender entirely. If your issue is resolved, then you know it's Bitdefender and you should probably open a support ticket.

Thanks for the link I read through all those pages and I'm wondering if this is my issue or not.

Because before reading that I tinkered with the settings myself and I appear to have mostly alleviated my frame rate problems.

What I did was to disable "Profiles" entirely from within its module and toggle the "Auto-Pilot" switch on the main panel to off.

Other settings:

Anti-Virus On-access Scanning is set to Normal.

Anti-Virus Active Threat Control" is set to Aggressive.

Intrusion Detection is set to Aggressive.

Firewall Block port scans in the network enabled.

Right now I've got Netflix streaming in fullscreen on one monitor with DOTA2 running full screen on the other monitor solid 120fps and the stutter I previously had is almost all gone.

I feel a lot better about disabling the Profile/Auto-Pilot modules than I do the port scanning block the other thread suggests as a fix.

I'll post an update after I check other games and streaming services.

Running Bitdefender Total Security 2016 Build 20.0.28.1478

Virus signature: 6744801

Engine version: 7.65715