Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Vs. Windows Settings

Options

Hi there, I have just successfully installed bitdefender 2016 Total Security.

I would like to ask if bitdefender installation has made changes to any windows default settings or user defined settings? Before installation, I made many very specific custom settings over a wide area in windows, and it would be very helpful if an official could list out the particular changes or areas so that I know where to check them (too many areas for me to check individually, it took me weeks of offline tweaking/hacking) eg. windows defender/firewall, task scheduler, windows update system, library system structure, power options, user profile, system restore, host OS system settings, etc.

I'm asking concerning overall installation of this security package, not just changes made by the default autopilot mode.

Thanks.

ps. my windows have no library system or public folder, the entire structure has been removed/disabled from my system. also, all forms of windows update/system restore have been permanently disabled, at several levels, and I am not sure if bitdefender installation had reversed any of these changes. I need to thoroughly examine the areas again so I require some guidance in the changes installation has made.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Magnus7,

The only changes in Windows made by the product are in the Windows Firewall to replace it with Bitdefender's.

Other changes include the permissions to the folders and files of the product itself, no other files from Windows are modified.

• Magnus 7
    Options

Thank you for your reply. Please mark this thread as resolved and closed.

This discussion has been closed.