Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Security Report & Other Logs

Options
Magnus 7
edited May 2016 in General

Hi there, prior to posting I have read through the User manual on security reports.

I would like to know how to permanently disable the weekly security report system; how to stop the generation process of this report itself, I already know how to disable notification through General Settings.

I would also like to know the exact paths of where these reports are saved to (if a physical copy is generated), as well as the saving locations of all other logs generated by bitdefender.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2016
    Options

The Security Report log is in

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\SecReport

and is parsed to render the browser data by index.html in

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\SecReport\Updated\html

Do a system search on *.log and look for the returns in BD directories and for BD-named files, like bdlog.txt in c:\

@ Sorin G.

This might be a good opportunity to inquire about

C:\ProgramData\BDLogging

which seems to have been out-of use since March and, on my system, contains 345 files worth 13.7MB.

In the interest of system backup efficiency, is this directory still in use?

Can it be deleted?

Thank you.

• Unknown
    Options

Forgot to mention, some are written as txt, like bdfirewall.txt and ignis_traffic_log.txt.

Txt files accompanying signature/definition updates (update.txt, ph_update.txt, etc.) may be considered logs, too.

Could be xml is used for some logging. But I'm not that involved in finding out.

Cheers.

• Magnus 7
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thanks very much for the locations, Dallas.

And I have read some older posts on the generation of BDlog.txt; well, a suggestion I can offer those of you who want to repeatedly clean it or any other log in your system is to chain it to ccleaner's custom clean list at Options>Include. I use pc tools registry mechanic as well, and it always generates a log after a full scan. so I use ccleaner last, and at every shutdown, this clears some unwanted objects off my system daily.

• Unknown
    Options

@ Sorin G.

This might be a good opportunity to inquire about

C:\ProgramData\BDLogging

which seems to have been out-of use since March and, on my system, contains 345 files worth 13.7MB.

In the interest of system backup efficiency, is this directory still in use?

Can it be deleted?

Thanks!

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Yes, you can delete those logs and yes, the folder is still in use.

• I cannot find any readable logs on my drive. Aren't there any? I have 100+ warnings about an infected webpage but no possibility to copy the text and warn the website owner. It this really not possible? What is the use of a long error message with url included when I cannot send it to other people or search for it on the net?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

You will be able to see the URL in your Event log and create a screenshot if you wish to warn the website owner.

post-201429-0-56835500-1465480323_thumb.

• knagsted
    Options

Thanks.