Bitdefender Central Question

Bindwalli
edited June 2016 in Central

Hi folks,

Starting at about 6:50 am this morning Bit Defender started popping up this odd "page" interrupting whatever I was doing at the time. In one instance I was playing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in "hard-core" mode (where if you die - you lose everything) and was suddenly bounced to my desktop to see this....

Bitdefender_zps9uljjt4k.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this about and how to stop this from bothering me?

I think folks might agree that this is not a particularly helpful screen to be presented with. (IE. a blank page)

Thanks in advance for helping!

Comments

• Bindwalli
    edited June 2016

9:58 and after a reboot.... still happening.

• Dear

/index.php?showuser=202372" title="" rel="">Bindwalli,

Install the Internet Explorer into Internet Explorer 11 version. Then reboot/restart the PC.

• Bindwalli
    edited June 2016

Dear

/index.php?showuser=202372" title="" rel="">Bindwalli,

Install the Internet Explorer into Internet Explorer 11 version. Then reboot/restart the PC.

I am far from a novice and yet I'm not quite sure how to interpret your reply.

Are you meaning simply reinstall M$ Explorer?

• Hello,

He means to inform you that you need to update the current installed IE on your machine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

• Bindwalli
    edited June 2016

Hello,

He means to inform you that you need to update the current installed IE on your machine.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

Thanks Sorin and sh.tutul1982,....

That seemed to have worked. Upon reboot, I was presented with a dialogue box to log into My BitDefender...

Hopefully that ends this rather rude problem.

Thanks for your attention and time.

• Hi folks,

Starting at about 6:50 am this morning Bit Defender started popping up this odd "page" interrupting whatever I was doing at the time. In one instance I was playing Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in "hard-core" mode (where if you die - you lose everything) and was suddenly bounced to my desktop to see this....

Bitdefender_zps9uljjt4k.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this about and how to stop this from bothering me?

I think folks might agree that this is not a particularly helpful screen to be presented with. (IE. a blank page)

Thanks in advance for helping!

Hi Bindwalli,

the oldest post I've read about this problem go back to 2013 and you can't imagine how many stupid, insane, delirious answers I've read. They do not want to resolve the problem and if they want to they are not able to solve it. Besides, if they solve it in some way it took too much time for a company like this because they would need just some lines of code, an update, job done. So, I think they do that on purpose, maybe statistically speaking it's more convenient to keep that window opened. Either way people shouldn't trust them, there are so many antivirus out there. I asked my money back and if I don't get a refund we go at the court because I have this window opened on my desktop since yesterday and I have panic attacks since then, certified by a doctor, it's a waste of time closing it because shows up after 5 minutes or less. Can you get this stupid answers you received? Is that a serious acting for a company which sells antivirus? In 2016 Internet explorer? Are you serious? Internet explorer? Not even microsoft use it on windows 10. The worst browser around based on activeX, the most unsecure browser there is out there? If you install adobe flash player (you are obliged to do that for 99% of commonly used functionalities) it's a wide opened door for hackers. I am really suspicious about this kind of acting. You know, microsoft policies state in the contract they can store (in my opinion it is stealing) all your data and with "all" I mean "everything" (credit card numbers, passwords, etc.), this binding between Bitdefender and internet explorer (the worst internet browser on the market), certified microsoft stuff on their website (you know, talking about the devil many times...). So, let's try kaspersky. I resolved so many problems with their free tools. And for those who are interested you can object to your data processing, that contract is really scary about data treatment: legal@bitdefender.com

This discussion has been closed.