Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The "bitdefender Central" Window Pops Up Quite Often And Is Blank

As the title, the "Bitdefender CENTRAL" window pops up quite often and is blank, and I do not know what's going on. The problem started yesterday and is quite annoying. It looks like on the attached screenshot:

post-202410-0-54520300-1465996884_thumb.png

Can someone please help me with this problem?

PS I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2016 version.

Comments

• Hello Drakon1590,

Please post in the appropriate forum section in the future.

The situation is easily resolved by updating your Internet Explorer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

• Hello Drakon1590,

Please post in the appropriate forum section in the future.

The situation is easily resolved by updating your Internet Explorer.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

I do not use this browser, moreover, I turned off this browser in the "Turn Windows features on or off", in "Programs", in "Control Panel". I use Firefox and I'm not going to change that.

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited June 2016

Hello,

At this time the Central login page is using the IE 10 engine to display the information. Since IE comes by default with Windows it is a dependency.

• Drakon1590
    edited June 2016

Hello,

At this time the Central login page is using the IE 10 engine to display the information. Since IE comes by default with Windows it is a dependency.

I would not have this problem if the window was not dependent on any web browser, and I think that you should change it. Besides, why do some stupid login window requires a browser to work properly, as Bitdefender does not need it?

I forgot to ask. Why I have not had this problem for all these months after the installation of Bitdefender, and suddenly yesterday just appeared?

• As the title, the "Bitdefender CENTRAL" window pops up quite often and is blank, and I do not know what's going on. The problem started yesterday and is quite annoying. It looks like on the attached screenshot:

image/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif" alt="attachicon.gif" />/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=14930" rel="">Bitdefender CENTRAL.png

Can someone please help me with this problem?

PS I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2016 version.

Hi Dragon

the oldest post I've read about this problem go back to 2013 and you can't imagine how many stupid, insane, delirious answers I've read. They do not want to resolve the problem and if they want to they are not able to solve it. Besides, if they solve it in some way it took too much time for a company like this because they would need just some lines of code, an update, job done. So, I think they do that on purpose, maybe statistically speaking it's more convenient to keep that window opened. Either way people shouldn't trust them, there are so many antivirus out there. I asked my money back and if I don't get a refund we go at the court because I have this window opened on my desktop since yesterday and I have panic attacks since then, certified by a doctor, it's a waste of time closing it because shows up after 5 minutes or less. Can you get this stupid answers you received? Is that a serious acting for a company which sells antivirus? In 2016 Internet explorer? Are you serious? Internet explorer? Not even microsoft use it on windows 10. The worst browser around based on activeX, the most unsecure browser there is out there? If you install adobe flash player (you are obliged to do that for 99% of commonly used functionalities) it's a wide opened door for hackers. I am really suspicious about this kind of acting. You know, microsoft policies state in the contract they can store (in my opinion it is stealing) all your data and with "all" I mean "everything" (credit card numbers, passwords, etc.), this binding between Bitdefender and internet explorer (the worst internet browser on the market), certified microsoft stuff on their website (you know, talking about the devil many times...). So, let's try kaspersky. I resolved so many problems with their free tools. And for those who are interested you can object to your data processing, that contract is really scary about data treatment: legal@bitdefender.com

• Hello,

The change was brought by an update to the Bitdefender Agent that requires a higher version of IE.

Please note that even if you disable IE from the features it's engine is still there and it is used in several of Microsoft's built-in applications.

I have forwarded your feedback to the proper department.

• Thank you for your time and especially for sending my feedback to the proper department.

Topic can be closed.

This discussion has been closed.