Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is Installation/activation Without Bitdefender Central Possible?

Options

I am currently running an active licence of Bitdefender Family Pack 2016 on an installation of Bitdefender Total Security 2016 for Windows.

I would like to know if it is possible to install and then activate TS2016 on the licensed device without associating the installation or the device with a Bitdefender Central account.

I've attempted to remove an already activated device from within Bitdefender Central but then upon rebooting the device I am prompted by the TS2016 client to enter BDCentral account information, although the client still appears to be logged in showing the email on the main interface page and on the Account Info page.

My reason for wanting to avoid linking devices to Bitdefender Central is the perceived danger that being logged into Bitdefender Central gives one the ability to destroy data on any machine associated with the account via the anti-theft features.

Without some measure of 2-factor authentication or the ability to permanently and irreversibly disable that data wipe feature I strongly prefer not to have my devices linked in such a manner to the Bitdefender Central service.

What are my options here?

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The 2016 requires a active connection to Central, that cannot be avoided.

As an alternative you can either install 2015 or use the Internet Security product that does not feature the Anti-Theft module.

If you do not share your account with anybody there is no need to worry.

• ma60
    edited June 2016
    Options

Hello,

The 2016 requires a active connection to Central, that cannot be avoided.

As an alternative you can either install 2015 or use the Internet Security product that does not feature the Anti-Theft module.

If you do not share your account with anybody there is no need to worry.

Oh interesting I did not know my TS2016 licence was valid with TS2015 so I'll consider this alternative.

I'd surely never share my account information, not even the family members I bought this pack for know it, but data breaches are a constant threat nevertheless.

I'll make a feature request for 2FA on the Bitdefender Central account.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.