Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Stop Update Notices?

Options

Is there a way to configure BitDefender AntiVirus for Mac (version 4.0.2) so that automatic updates take place "without" the updates being announced with pop-up windows and a sound. If so, how can this configuration take place? Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Schwine,

You can disable the update pop-ups by these steps:

1. Open System Preferences from Dock or from the Apple Logo menu

2. Go to Notifications

3. Select "Antivirus for Mac" from the applications list in the left panel

4. At Alert style choose "None"

5. You can also disable "Play sound for notifications" or the other options.

This option depends actually belongs to OSX settings and you can use it for controlling notifications for any other app in the future.
  • buckzor
    edited September 2016
    Options

Excellent, that was my next question and this does work even with the Endpoint Security for Mac client (GravityZone Enterprise)

I can confirm that it does.

• SS1
    Options

If I turn off notifications in Mac OS settings so that I don't get the hourly update notification, will I miss notifications about a necessary restart or a found virus?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The notifications show Updates, if they were successful or if there were errors and yes it also shows if Autopilot caught a infection or was unable to block one.

However should the Autopilot fail to block a infection a separate warning window will appear to draw attention to the user.

For restarts, those are rare and you will be shown a icon on your menu bar to let you know.