Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2 Issues

Options

Hello.

OS: Windows 7 SP1 x64 with all updates (except for the spying ones)

Internet Security 2016 20.0.29.1517

So, the first issue concerns Google Chrome (latest x64 version), exactly the BitDefender link checker:

X4aT5zu.jpg

As you can see, it takes forever for BitDefender to check those links. This issue doesn't appear in Firefox though.

The second issue has been existing for years and first reported @ 15.08.2015: /index.php?showtopic=59203" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=59203

The video got removed, but I have the copy:

This issue is surprisingly not fixed yet...

Comments

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

I simply click on the "Circle Arrow" that says **Reload** when I point to it. In the top left corner, next to "previous page" and "next page" arrows.

Regrettably, I cannot help you with your second issue.

• Feroom
    Options

mdgboxx,

after I click on "Reload" the checker disappears completely, but what if I need to see if a link is safe or not?

• Feroom
    Options

So, it works right after re-installing Google Chrome, but after you close the browser - it stops working at all. Then in incognito mode it keeps showing that animation of loading, and in normal mode there are no icons of dangerous/safe sites at all, so it works only at the first run, then it gets broken somehow.

I tried to use no additional extensions apart from the default ones (Google Docs etc.), I didn't touch any settings, but it's still broken.

Seems like nobody cares :unsure:

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

mdgboxx,

after I click on "Reload" the checker disappears completely, but what if I need to see if a link is safe or not?

Hi Feroom,

I understand/share how you feel about the issue you are experiencing. I've had the same problem for quite a while.

Although it's not a "fix" it's the only solution that I found that would eliminate the stress waiting for BD to declare the site safe or not.

As a rule, I do not visit any untrusted sites. They are mostly familiar to me.

So far, BD blocked a lot of ads that it deemed "fishing attempt" or "unsafe". But I agree, the situation is annoying at best.

• Hello Feroom,

I am sorry to hear about the issues that occurred. In order to fix them, please uninstall and then reinstall Bitdefender as below:

1. First download and run the uninstall tool from this link:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2016_UninstallTool.exe

Reboot the computer once the tool has finished.

2. Install Bitdefender again from your Central Account.

Let me know if any of the two issues you reported still appear after that.

• Feroom
    Options

2. Install Bitdefender again from your Central Account.

Let me know if any of the two issues you reported still appear after that.

The issue with Google Chrome didn't get fixed by that. It works only 1 time, after one of the first runs of Google Chrome. I mean, when I run it for the 1st time, there can be no link checker pics on the page at all, then I close the browser and run it again and the pics appear and load normally, but at the following runs of the browser the link checker doesn't work, and it only shows those "forever loading" animations near the links on the Google results page (in Incognito mode) or doesn't show the link checker pics at all (in normal mode).

Moreover, there are 2 other issues:

1) Bitdefender still can't install its certificate for Firefox x64, so I'm forced to install it manually.

2) Bitdefender somehow prevents Firefox portable from running through AdvOR, it always shows an error in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla\Firefox\mozglue.dll or something. But without Bitdefender it runs without any issues.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

For the spinning dots, please hover the mouse over the spinning circle and let me know if it refreshes into the proper result.

For Firefox 64 I have submitted the situation to our developers.

For Firefox portable please add a exclusion for the applications.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1467.html

• Feroom
    Options

/index.php?showuser=201429" title="" rel="">Sorin G.

Thank you for your attention!

1) As for the spinning dots - no it doesn't:

PKycrQd.jpg

But I found out one interesting thing - it works well after I set up a proxy in the browser settings (I don't know how exactly that component/applet is called in English) in Control Panel. It can be any proxy type - transparent, anonymous, with or even without SSL support, but if a Google page opens at all - it opens with working link checker! And when I remove an IP:port of a proxy from the settings - the link checker stops working again. Weird a bit, isn't it?

3) I added all possible exclusions:

iit7x9Y.jpg

iBXcmUg.jpg

WNvpRkL.jpg

But it still crashes with an error "Bad image" in mozglue.dll.

I guess it can be reproduced on any OS, you only need AdvOR and Firefox portable.

Thank you!

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Options

Bump!!!

We are now Sept 11, 2016

This "spinning dot" issue is still not resolved, and never has, from where I stand.

Back in July, I have tried *Repair* and later tried *Uninstall/reinstall* . It did not change/correct the situation/issue.

Did it again in August, still to no avail.

I'm I to understand that, this the "New Normal" in Google Chrome??

• We are now Oct 11, 2016, they released new 2017 versions of BitDefender products already, and neither of the abovementioned issues is fixed yet.

Please, pay attention to those issues finally!