Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Download Managers Does Not Stop Download After Bitdefender Installed

Options
Hello

I noticed my whole internet permitted bandwidth were consumed after just a few hours from buying new traffic ....

I figured out the problem is that when i download a file using IDM or Flashget after i click pause or stop button, apparently it is shown download process has been stopped but when i check network connection status, received bytes are increasing constantly but no file gets downloaded and file download progress percent remains the same in Idm or flashget...

I use Tcpview and Microsoft network monitor to see what is going on,

in TCPview i can see when i push the pause button the connections of IDM Still Available just their status changes from Established.

And with network monitor,after i click pause or stop button in idm, it continues to write logs under idman.exe

It is really annoying for me, I have to disconnect my network connection everytime i download a file or even disable/re enable network adapter

I thought there might be sth wrong with Idm or Flashget but when i googled the issue, I found a similar topic relating my problem in this forum, As they were claiming the issue was concerned with Bitdefender And i'm using BD too but no solutions were provided there

My OS is windows 8.1 and Anti virus is Bitdefender Total security 2016 and i have installed the latest version and build of idm.

I think there is something wrong with antivirus...

I disabled firewall section from BD but the result was the same...

I set firewall rules settings according to Idm FAQ instruction for BD but nothing changed actually...

Please help me to solve the issue

Thanks

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Tondar85,

The situation is known and has been submitted to our dev team.

For the time being there is a workaround for this issue, please follow the steps bellow.

1. Open Bitdefender > Settings icon (in the upper right part of the window) > General settings

2. Go to the "Update" tab

3. Select "Prompt before downloading"

5. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016 folder.

6. Locate the file "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_";

7. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

8. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode.

• Hello Tondar85,

The situation is known and has been submitted to our dev team.

For the time being there is a workaround for this issue, please follow the steps bellow.

1. Open Bitdefender > Settings icon (in the upper right part of the window) > General settings

2. Go to the "Update" tab

3. Select "Prompt before downloading"

5. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016 folder.

6. Locate the file "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_";

7. Restart the computer in Normal mode;

8. Once the product will want to Update, please make sure to select only the Virus Signature option and not the Product Update one, as that will replace the file you renamed in Safemode.

The issue was resolved

With respect to BD developer team,i hope it will get fixed in the future versions so other users do not face the same problem

Thank you very much

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Glad to hear the workaround worked.

The dev team is being poked and prodded for all matter of issues but they are not giving up!

• Hello,

Glad to hear the workaround worked.

The dev team is being poked and prodded for all matter of issues but they are not giving up!

Thanks for your dev team...

just there is another problem, sorry if it is not relevant to this topic, virus signature updates very slowly, are there any other alternative highspeed update servers?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The update server is actually a cloud that routes the client to the nearest server for the best speed/connection.

Most likely your ISP doesn't have proper peering. Can you please try to ping upgrade.bitdefender.com and let me know of the results.