Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Software Updater Keeps Hdd Busy

Options

I installed Antivirus plus 2016 recently and updated it to the latest build. I noticed whenever bitdefendet wanted to connect to update server and thus update services started, laptop's HDD usage jumped to 100%. It is specially troubling at start ups because it interferes with windows loading. I have decided to disable automatic update feature until I know whether there is a solution. Laptop is Asus zenbook UX303UB, core i7 6500, 8 Gb ram. Windows 10 latest build. I would appreciate any comment on the issue.

Comments

• I have used in-app support to get a help on the issue. I haven't received a single reply from support team on the issue. I look at other posts and I see there are lots of unanswered posts like mine. Bitdefender may be famous for one of the best AV in the market, but can't claim the best support. I am disappointed with them.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Rolfarmen,

If you created a ticket with our support team you should have a ticket number, please provide me with the ticket number to look into the matter.

If you do not have the ticket number please provide me with the email address used when creating the ticket. As I was unable to locate any active tickets using the email address used on the forum.

• Hello Rolfarmen,

If you created a ticket with our support team you should have a ticket number, please provide me with the ticket number to look into the matter.

If you do not have the ticket number please provide me with the email address used when creating the ticket. As I was unable to locate any active tickets using the email address used on the forum.

Hi,

There has been communications between me and support team. They have suggested lots of things like defragmentation, using bitdefender uninstall tool, system file check, chkdsk, checking HDD's S.M.A.R.T , repairing /reinstalling bitdefender AV. None of these ways have worked out for me. Every time I press update button or bitdefender starts updating automatically, a process named "Bitdefender update sdownloader" starts to use HDD at 100%. This goes on for about 2-3 minutes. During this time HDD usage hovers around 100% and Cpu usage around 60-70%. The issue is weired because I never expected updating a software to use HDD at that level. Hope the issue gets solved.