Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Downgrading From Internet 2016 To Antivirus 2016

Options

Hello,

I bought Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 for a Windows 10 computer the 9th of july 2016.

I sent an email to your support service the 9th of july 2016 asking for a downgrade from Bitdefender Internet 2016 to Bitdefender Antivirus 2016.

Indeed, I would like to install Comodo Firewall as a Firewall, and having 2 firewalls may lead to incompatibilty issues.

I already sent 2 reminder emails, but I havent got any answer yet.

Could you please tell me when my question will be adressed?

Thank you.

Yours faithfully.

Comments

• suditu
    suditu ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Options

Turn firewall off from module status or any other component that is conflicting with comodo firewall.

It should work.

Try this first.From my point of view is a waste to exchange Internet Security for the antivirus version when modules can be stoped whithout the need to reinstall and keep the product as a reserve.

• Other
    Options

Hello Andrei,

Thanks for your answer.

Even with the Bitdefender firewall turned off in the options, there will be some conflicts between permanent Bitdefender firewall functions that cannot be turned off, and the Comodo Firewall.

Therefore, the Comodo Firewall will not be as effective as it would be ''completely alone''.

That is why I think it would be best to downgrade my Bitdefender.

Thank you :)

• Danielst
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi Other,

I was not able to find a case based on your e-mail, could you please provide me the case number you received?

Thank you,

• Other
    Options

Hi Danielst,

I used your online application to open my case, an then sent emails to support.bdf@profiltechnology.com, which is the email that acknowledged receipt of my demand the 9th of july, 16h55 GMT+2

There was no case number in this email from your service.

Thank you

Yours sincerely

• Other
    Options

Hi Danielst,

Have you got any feedback concerning my problem?

Thank you
    Yours sincerely

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Other,

The subscription you currently hold was purchased from our partner Profil Technology. You will have to wait for them to respond as they will be able to assist in resolving this situation.

Alternatively you can also contact them on the French section of this forum as it is managed by them.

• Other
    Options

Hello Sorin G.,

Thank you for your answer.

I contacted them on the French forum.

Bye.