Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Language In "view New Content"

mdgboxx
mdgboxx ✭✭✭

Hello,

As of very recently, whenever I click on "View New Content", I get content in languages that I don't understand, other than (US) English ONLY.

I can only assume that, this could be a new (to me) default setting by a Bitdefender Update.

Can someone explain how to filter "View New Content" by Language/Country?

I have TS 2016,

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide us with a screenshot of the encountered situation to get a better view on whats going on.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-create-a-screenshot-1166.html

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums" title="" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Hello Sorin G,

I couldn't follow your instructions. So I copy pasted the address to my wall and then copy/pasted in here.

When I select the shortcut on my wall, it opens to the page that I have the issue with.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016

/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums" title="" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Hello Sorin G,

This is not a duplicate reply. I copy/pasted the "New Content" address directly on here.

When I tried to copy/paste to **paint**, for some obscure reason, it wouldn't work.

NOTE:

I also had to use "More Reply Options" to be able to **POST**. Clicking on the "post" button didn't do anything.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

Here is the attachement of the screenshot hopefuly u see what i mean.

post-189001-0-36740000-1469731320_thumb.jpg

• Hello,

The reason you are seeing posts in other languages is that you are using an Unread Topic filter covering the entire forum, as you may have noticed on the forum we have more than just English.

There were no changes made to the function itself, most likely the English side of the forum was more dominant and the other languages went unnoticed.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

Hahaha!

Hello Sorin G,

Although I haven't the faintest idea what you are trying to say, we at least know WHY it's suddenly happening.

As I said, in my original post, this issue is very recent. I have not made any changes in the way I surf the Bitdefender Community Forum.

My inquirery remains the same nevertheless:

Can it be fixed, and how, if it's something I can do myself?

Although I am fluently bilangual in English/French, I rarely open a French language thread. As far as the other languages are concerned, I never open any of them...I don't go into other language functions/sections.

I don't understand why, should I click on another unit, by mistake, the Bitdefender Forum chooses to register/add that specific language as part of my "default" by choice.

Again, can this issue be resolved?

Basically, I prefer to open my Bitdefender Forum in English......ONLY.....(By Default)

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

Bump,

It's been a week+, I'm still dealing with the same issue, nothing was ever resolved.

Where do I go from here?

• Hello,

As was previously mentioned, that module is functioning as intended, there is nothing to fix.

You can filter the content by selecting the "Filter by forum" option and selecting English, while the "show all results from all forums" is checked you will see the content from the entire forum.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

Hello,

As was previously mentioned, that module is functioning as intended, there is nothing to fix.

You can filter the content by selecting the "Filter by forum" option and selecting English, while the "show all results from all forums" is checked you will see the content from the entire forum.

That is precisely the reply I was hoping for.

I fixed it, thank you.

• Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding and I'm glad that the situation got sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.