Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Sign Into Bitdefender 2016

Options

After 100 days of my subscription wasted, I am still unable to use my bitdefender 2016.

The original issue was an error recieved when attempting to log into bitdefender after installation was complete. The error read, "Could not connect to server.". The solution I found on this website was to download thre separate files and place them into different locations outlined in the 25th response in the following thread: /index.php?showtopic=68230&page=2" rel="">https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=68230&page=2

We have developed a potential fix for the issue you report. Please follow the steps below and let us know if they help:

1. Download (save on your computer) the 3 files from my attachment.

2. Then restart Windows in Safe Mode and place both bdnc.ipv4 and bdnc.ini in these two folders:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016

If you are prompted, choose to replace the files that already exist there.

At the end, bdnc.ini and bdnc.ipv4 must be in both Bitdefender folders.

3. While still in Safe Mode, replace ProductAgent.json from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender Agent\settings with the file ProductAgent downloaded at step 1.

4. Restart Windows normally and try again to login to Bitdefender Central from the product.

Please keep us updated with your progress.

Attached Files

Upon completion of copying the files into the specified folders in safemode and restarting to enter windows 10 normally, I am still unable to use the program. But now, instead of receiving an error for not being able to connect to the server, the entire program just closes (crashes).

I also notice that after replacing the files, the top of the window no longer reads "Bitdefender Central", but now reads "Bitdefender Account".

Any advice?

post-203236-0-88794400-1469706851_thumb.png

Comments

• I, too, had a blank screen and could not sign in.

At last, Support replied to my dilemma. Likely in the small print when one is installing Bitdefender, you must have MSIE 11 installed on your computer. In my case, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, so I had to load the specified MSIE as indicated below.

Assuming you paid for the product as I did, I followed the instructions as you see below. I did, and after a couple of reboots and MSIE upgrades, I was finally able to sign in. Blank screen has disappeared (hopefully forever.)

If you did NOT pay for Bitdefender, you can expect the pop ups to continue.

The reply from Support:

Dear Ern,

Thank you for contacting Bitdefender!

Please be advised that, because Bitdefender Agent uses a number of services and drivers that are included in Internet Explorer 11, we recommend you to perform an upgrade from the current Internet Explorer version that is installed on your device.

This situation is caused due to the fact that Internet Explorer makes use of the accessibility framework provided in Windows and it is also a user interface for FTP, with operations similar to that of Windows Explorer.

Therefore, we recommend you to perform the upgrade to Internet Explorer 11, even if this is not your default browser, as these processes are running in the background.

We recommend you to access the below link, in order to perform the upgrade direclty from Mirosoft official website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/Internet-Explorer-11-for-Windows-7-details.aspx

Ern, feel free to contact us should you require further assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
    Adam Jabiry
    Bitdefender Support Team

• Thank you for the quick reply. I am not experiencing a blank screen like some other users. Instead of going to a blank screen after attempting to log in, the whole program simply crashes (Closes completely). I have windows 10, internet explorer 11 and everything is completely up to date.

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

The issue requiring you to replace the above mentioned files has been long fixed, what you are encountering is a possible lack of connectivity with the Bitdefender cloud.

Firstly please run a repair on your Bitdefender as replacing those files may have damaged your installation.

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-repair-bitdefender-2016-1469.html

Afterwards please ensure you are not using any proxies or limited VPNs.

As Emgrover suggested please ensure you have Internet Explorer 10 or better on your system.

Also let me know what connection are you using? Cabled or Wifi ? Also ensure that your drivers are up to date, for example Killer adapters are known to cause issues with older drivers.