Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Ransomware Does Not Turn On

bithack
edited August 2016 in Install & activation

Does anyone else have an issue starting Ransomware? I have 2 Windows 7 computers (Windows Home Premium and Windows Pro which is relatively new) and on both computers, I cannot turn on Ransomware. Clicking on the x or the box beside it doesn't do anything. It just stays greyed out.

I never tried it until about 1/2 a year into my license, so I feel like I bought a product that only partially works. I've tried re-installing it and it still doesn't activate.

Tagged:

Comments

• did you try to do a repair on BD?

• bithack
    edited August 2016

did you try to do a repair on BD?

Yes, I tried the repair and the re-install. And last night, just to frustrate me more, I get a pop-up from BitDefender saying, "activate Ransomware" to help protect your computer or something like that. I'm thinking, maybe they did a fix on this. I click on their pop-up, it takes me to the Ransomware module. It has a fancy curved arrow directing me to the checkbox to activate it. I click on it and what happens? It doesn't activate. Arghhh!

Just to be clear, I clicked on the x and the blank box beside it.

Support sent me a program to install that would gather system info so I could send it back to them. I run it, it says report created. I check my desktop, no report is created. I let them know, but, after that, I haven't heard back from them. I guess they figure, what can they do?

• Hello,

Please ensure you firstly click on the Module Status On/Off switch (top left box) before trying to activate the Protection at Boot one.

• bithack
    edited August 2016

Hello,

Please ensure you firstly click on the Module Status On/Off switch (top left box) before trying to activate the Protection at Boot one.

Thanks for responding. The Module On/Off in the Ransomware module does not change. I can't make it turn on. It stays greyed out when I click on the boxes.

I know what the issue is. I had to be logged in as Administrator.

I'm glad everything does work, because I started looking at other modules like Firewall and it's also greyed out. Then I realized what the issue might be.

• Hello,

Glad to hear that everything is working okay.

Please keep in mind that the product requires admin privileges for security sensitive options.