Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[Fixed] Paranoid Mode isn't working(Firewall)

Options
Petrovic
edited October 2016 in Protection

Paranoid Mode not works (no popup connection, connections always allowed, not created rules....)

Build: Bitdefender TS 21.0.18.898

Repair, uninstall & reinstall - not solved this issue

Comments

•  

os: win 7 home premium x64,bitdefender ts 21.0.18.898,i did same thing. repair, uninstall & reinstall.paranoid mode works till i reboot,then everything is allowed,even the programs i blocked are allowed.paranoid mode says it is enabled,but it is not working.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

• I'm seeing the same here in Win 10 not-AU.  Paranoid mode is broken.

• Are there any news?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please open a support ticket using bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide my colleagues with the Support Tool Log that can be found in the main product folder.

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017

You will find the tool under the name of supporttool.exe and it will save the log on the desktop upon completion

• 13 hours ago, Sorin G. said:

Hello,

Please open a support ticket using bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide my colleagues with the Support Tool Log that can be found in the main product folder.

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017

You will find the tool under the name of supporttool.exe and it will save the log on the desktop upon completion

sent

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Thank you, may I also ask for the ticket number to keep a close eye on the situation.

• Anything new? 2 weeks to fix something is not acceptable.

• Unknown
    edited October 2016
    Options

In opening a ticket for the broken Paranoid mode in 2016 in both my Win7 systems, I made mention that I observed similar behavior in 2017 Trial in my Win10-1151 test system.

I think it will be acceptable to post this here:

"Also, for Bitdefender 2017 on Windows 10, we use the Windows action center notification system. Please make sure you have app notifications enabled in Start > Settings > System > Notifications and actions. Make sure notifications are enabled globally, and for Bitdefender in particular."

Since I'm no longer running the trial, the information for me is moot.

But the "Show apps notifications" setting in Start > Settings > System > Notifications and actions is valid for Win10-1151 (not Anniversary Update).

The Notifications and actions settings in Win10-1607 (Anniversary Update) have been completely revamped and with far more configuration options.  Note the the notifications changed from "Show" to "Get."

This aspect of Windows has grown in complexity and function since Win7 where it was "icon notifications" in simple balloon tips.  Now icons and apps and senders...

Offloading the Paranoid alert to the OS is IMHO a dumb idea.

Win10notifications.jpg

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

We have sent this situation to our devs.

A fix will be delivered via automatic updates.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

• Hello,

So I actually was encountering the same problem, but dallas7's solution worked perfectly.

However, for some reason bitdefender isn't even seeing my network adapter... and paranoid mode is therefore not working.

Funny thing is that at one computer start it actually worked and asked me for permissions... but not anymore.

How come?

• I just installed TS 20.21.21.967 trial in Win10-1151x64 and Paranoid mode is functioning A-OK.

As reported elsewhere, the Widget is fixed.

All other expectations are met; no outright faults discovered.

BD did a good clean up fix up. B)