Wifi Security Advisor

Hi,

What exactly does the Wifi Security Advisor do? What kind of analysis and advice does it provide, practically?

Comments

• From the "Hot for Security" write up -

And, if you’re wondering what could we possibly add to an already (close to) perfect security solution, we’re happy to report that Bitdefender’s 2017 line introduces Wi-Fi Security Advisor, which assesses the security of networks that users connect to on the go, such as those in coffee shops and airports, and reports on any vulnerabilities.

• Rohugh, please dont state the obvious. I half expected you would do this. I too read hot-for-security.

I am trying to understand what kind of analysis and advice is presented by the advisor. How does it help us practically?

Just as an FYI: i haven't updated to BS2017 yet. I am sure there will be a lot of bugs initially. So once the main problems are taken care of, i will do an upgrade. In the meantime if someone can tell a practical example of wifi advisor, i would be happy.

• There seems to be a lot of marketing generalisations and not enough raw technical info to digest in the documentation. I've also created similar threads here asking about other functionality.

Saying their product is near perfect security is a bit of a joke. No IMAP or FireWire scanning, supplying buggy functionality for Thunderbird for years now. When raised paying customers get the silent treatment.