Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Exclusions Tab

Options

Hi,

I have two MacBook Pros, mine and my Wife's. Mine has macOS Sierra and my wife's Mac has El Capitan.

1. Under Preferences in the Exclusions Tab my Mac has a folder with the path /private/tmp/com.bitdefender.dmg. Hers does not have any exclusions. Is this normal or should her Mac also have this exclusion? And if so where do I find it to add it?

Thank you,

Logan

Comments

• I have been emailing back and forth with the Bitdefender support staff. After a few emails they tell me I do not need to add the path /private/tmp/com.bitdefender.dmg to my wife's Mac. They did not however have an answer as to why the path was not in the Exclusions tab on her Mac. I am running the same version of Bitdefender on both Mac's although she is running OS X El Capitan on hers. 

So no idea why the path is not there, but apparently it is not an issue to worry about. 

Logan

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Please provide me with your ticket number or the email used to open the ticket, so I can look into the matter.

• Hi Sorin,

Thank you for the reply and for looking a little further into this. The ticket number is 2016100414590003. 

Logan

• Another weird thing...  A few times over the past couple of days the path /private/tmp/com.bitdefender.dmg was in her Exclusions Tab. Then later on it would be gone. This was not due to any reboot of the computer. It would just be there then later on it would be gone. 

Logan

• I noticed this on my own computer when I was reviewing my exclusion log.  What I noticed is this, the file "/private/tmp/com.bitdefender.dmg." only get into the Exclusion tab in the "Preference"; is whenever I ran a system scan.  Here is the tricky part, you have to minimize the "Main window" and "Full Scan active window" but leave "preference window" focusing on the Exclusion tab.  You will see that /private/tmp/com.bitdefender.dmg will appear but as soon as you press you to relaunch the main windows and the Full Scan window the Exclusion file will be empty.  I also have a mac with El Capitan as my OS.

Here are the steps to replicate the incident

1. Open Bitdefender preference

2. Click on Exclusion

3. Open Bitdefender Main Window and click on System Scan

4. The Full System Scan window open and starts scanning your local files, minimize the window

5. Minimize the Bitdefender Main window as well

6. Go back to the preference windows where and focus on the Exclude list

7. "~/private/tmp/com.bitdefender.dmg" will appear under the Exclude file list

8. Click on the Bitdefender Main window and observer the Exclude list will make the file will disappear.

I have done it several times and the results are all the same.  I think the exclude list is a temporary location where all quarantine or found viruses are placed in order to prevent false positive.

• Hi, 

You shouldn't worry about /private/tmp/com.bitdefender.dmg.  It's a legit Bitdefender file used during the scans. It doesn't affect the security or other exclusions you make in any way.