Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender not scanning files

Options

I downloaded the trial version of Bitdefender For Mac.  It does not scan anything besides backup content (when I uncheck “don’t scan content in backups” under Preferences -> Protection).  Otherwise, when I do a scan (quick, full, or custom), it indicates that 0 files were scanned.  “No threats were found”  “0 Scanned files.”  To resolve this, I’ve taken the following steps 1.) I unchecked “Scan only new and changed files” in Preferences -> Protection.  2.) I made sure I completely uninstalled any other antivirus solutions from my system (I’ve had other trials and full antivirus products). 3.) I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times.  Not sure what the issue is here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Specs: MacBook Pro … OS: Sierra (Version 10.12.1)

Comments

• I'm having the same problem with the paid version. It only scans my backup disk not my laptop. No help from support yet. Mac 10.12.2 (16C67) Antivirus for Mac 5.2.0.4

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

/index.php?/profile/206572-james11/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="206572" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/206572-james11/" rel="">@James11 Please open a ticket with our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com and provide them with the below information.

1. A System Information log

-How to send a System Information log: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203001

2. A screenshot of the Activity Monitor

-click on Finder from Dock, click on Go from the menu bar and select Utilities

-from the Utilities folder open Activity Monitor

-click on "View" from the menu bar and make sure that the "All Processes" option is checked.

-select the "CPU" tab

-click on "File" from the menu bar and select Print. A window will appear

-in the bottom-left corner you will see a field where it says "PDF" with an arrow. Click on the arrow and select "Save as PDF"

-a new window will appear. At the "Where" field, select Desktop and click on Save

-a PDF file named "Activity Monitor (All Processes)" will be saved on your Desktop. Please send it attached to your next reply.

3. The BDLDaemon, BDCoreIssues and com.bitdefender.antivirusformac logs:

-open the main Bitdefender window

-press Command-Shift-D on your keyboard

-click on Help in the menu bar and select Enable Debug Mode

-run a Quick Scan and a Full Scan (reproduce the issue)

-send us a new BDProfiler log (it should automatically collect the new BDLDaemon and BDCoreIssues logs)

-How to generate a BDProfiler log: http://www.bitdefender.com/support/-1446.html

Note: you can also find them in /Users/Shared/

4. A system log

-go to Applications > Utilities

-open Console

-right-click on system.log on the left side and select Reveal in Finder

-send us the system.log, system.log.0.gz, system.log.1.gz etc files from the Logs folder that just opened

/index.php?/profile/206920-nogoats/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="206920" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/206920-nogoats/" rel="">@nogoats I see that you received a response from the support team via email. Please check your inbox or spam folder.