Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Complete computer Failure

Options

My Total Security 2017 kept turning it self off so I phoned customer services and got put through to India  who advised me to do a  repair in the windows 7 control panel which I did . At the end of the repair, the screen advised me to reboot which I did only to get a major system failure. No windows boot up nothing . I lost everything in my computer all software and data .This cost me £200 to rebuild my business computer and all Bitdefender offered me was six months extended subscription . What has happened to them the quality of Bitdefnder has gone down the pan . I believe that Total Security no longer goes in for extensive testing  for bugs  any more in a rush to get on the shelves . I will never be buying it again.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you encountered.

We do not have any support in India, please ensure you called our official support line. The numbers are available on our website under the Support section.

I have checked the email address used for this forum account and I couldn't find a ticket in the system portraying the call you mentioned.

Bitdefender doesn't brick computers; it only provides real-time protection against malware attacks.

Serious crashes or system instability occur only if you use more than one security solution on the same computer. This happens because all security solutions try to scan a file whenever one is accessed but they cannot do it at the same time, so this causes either slowdowns or crashes.

Should you encounter Windows hard crashes in the future we suggest following the steps in the article below.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

If in the future you change your mind regarding the usage of our products we offer our full availability to tackle any issues you may encounter with our product.

• Ticket no 2016121618390005 so much  for your system if you cannot find my complaint . I did not say it was an Indian  call centre but  someone  with  a strong Indian  accent and I had only one antivirus in my computer. How about testing your software before you release it . My previous version of Total security was very stable till I upgraded be it that it slowed my computer down a lot. There was nothing running in the background when the repair was carried out. Lets watch over the next few months to see how Bitdefender drops down the ratings big time.

One Disgusted User