Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Traffic lights on image searches?

Options

Morning - I've just installed Bifdefender because WOT has been removed from the Firefox Add-ons. WOT used to flag images with their traffic lights, as on web page search results. Can Bitdefender do this? (I have all the settings 'On' in Web Protection).

Cheers,

Chris

Comments

• ChrisOfTheOT
    edited January 2017
    Options

I've been using Bitdefender Anti-Virus 2017 for the first time on trial for a day now - it seems fine so far, except the above.

Bitdefender TrafficLight shows on search results for webpages in Firefox/Google and works well. (I like that the icon shows at the begining of the webpage address, not at the end.) Firefox even seems to load the results more quickly than it did with Web Of Trust (WOT). However, TrafficLight does not show for image searches, unlike WOT.

My understanding of the Bitdefender software is that (assuming it is set appropriately) BD will block a page or image loading if it is deemed potentially harmful/malicious. Would I be correct is assuming that if a picture was clicked on from a list returned in a Google image search, the PC would be protected because BD would block the link (presumably with a warning message)?

In other words, even if a link 'hidden' in a picture was malicious, BD would stop the link connecting to the PC? If so, we could manage with that, although a simple green or red (or whatever) icon showing in the image search would prove to be much more efficient in the first instance. (I might also ask how accurate this is. My only information so far comes from Tom's Hardware & PC Magazine - PC Mag Bitdefender review - but the numbers are beyond confusing: 9.2/10, or 81.08%, or 17 points, etc.)

The two sites just mentioned both hold Kaspersky to be excellent (with BD), so if BD does not work for us, that's where we'll have to go next.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

• ChrisOfTheOT
    edited February 2017
    Options

I got this reply from a guru

• An image itself is not malicious, so why block it? However times an image is not an image but rather a ******. Web-AV module in KIS is capable of doing that. Protect you as you surf the web. It has the capability to detect anything malicious scripts both by signature database and heuristics. KL URL Advisor marks known to Kaspersky sites as green, however an absence of a green indicator does not mean site is unsafe (it could be that the plugin had timed out or the site is not in the database).

I shall assume the situation is much the same for BD.

Cheers,

Chris