Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Seriously, Bitdefender?!

Options
exasperated
edited February 2017 in General

OK. Enough is enough.

When Bitdefender decides it wants to update, it pops up a reminder in the lower right corner of the screen. If you click "Remind Me Later" then it will do so... about 15 minutes later. There's no ability to select "Remind me in an hour" or "Remind me in one day". So it just nags you over and over while you're trying to work.

That's annoying. Really annoying.

But it gets worse. Just now, I was using my space bar to scroll down a long page on a website. Suddenly, my computer started rebooting itself without my permission. Then I realized, in anger and disgust, that Bitdefender had hijacked my space bar click into a click on its "Reboot Now" button. Its reminder popped up literally as I was clicking the space bar and immediately sent my computer into reboot.

That is completely unacceptable.

I absolutely 100% will not be continuing to use Bitdefender after my current subscription ends.

Note: Edited because apparently saying "What the h***" would hurt someone, somehow.

Comments

• jamestec
    edited February 2017
    Options

Personally, I've never seen Bitdefender tell me to reboot apart from the security widget. It's probably the Postpone reboot setting, you can turn it on by:

Going into Settings by clicking on the clog icon on the left hand side, then into the Update tab and turn on Postpone reboot. I also have Update processing rules as Silent Update. 

For me, this was on by default, though I'm not sure if it's because I had the 2016 beforehand.

• I agree 100% with

14 hours ago, exasperated said:

OK. Enough is enough.

When Bitdefender decides it wants to update, it pops up a reminder in the lower right corner of the screen. If you click "Remind Me Later" then it will do so... about 15 minutes later. There's no ability to select "Remind me in an hour" or "Remind me in one day". So it just nags you over and over while you're trying to work.

That's annoying. Really annoying.

But it gets worse. Just now, I was using my space bar to scroll down a long page on a website. Suddenly, my computer started rebooting itself without my permission. Then I realized, in anger and disgust, that Bitdefender had hijacked my space bar click into a click on its "Reboot Now" button. Its reminder popped up literally as I was clicking the space bar and immediately sent my computer into reboot.

That is completely unacceptable.

I absolutely 100% will not be continuing to use Bitdefender after my current subscription ends.

Note: Edited because apparently saying "What the h***" would hurt someone, somehow.

I agree 100%.  I've rebooted 3 times this week and its still asking to reboot.  I was working on the second monitor and the same thing happened.  That darn popup reminder stole focus from the other screen so when I hit enter (was in the middle of writing a document), it rebooted!  Same thing happens if you are trying to play a game,  It will knock you out of the game, and unfortunately some games will not recover from that.   I'm so frustrated with it, I'm probably just going to delete it and let the subscription run out. 

-Stop stealing focus!

-Allow an option to acknowledge it and STOP REMINDING ME. 

-The default action on the reminder window SHOULD NOT BE REBOOT!  Or at least give another "Are you sure?  You better back up that really important document you were working on". 

• Adding on to this.  Been demanding a reboot every day, despite multiple reboots.  Sure would be nice if they fixed this

• There should at the bare minimum be (1) a prompt asking if you are sure you want to reboot, but in general (2) a notification of some sort that a specific update being downloaded *requires* a full restart is being queued. I don't understand why Bitdefender seems to work just fine every single day, updating definitions as normal, but one day it decides that "nope, gotta scrap the whole thing" out of the blue. Frankly, there are days I'd rather not be bothered with constant nagging because Bitdefender decided that very moment was the proper time to go for total war on its files.