Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[Fixed] Security Widget No Longer Shows Status

MarcHoppe
edited February 2017 in Protection

After recent updates the Security Widget no longer shows the status of your update history. In earlier versions when a computer was not updated in two days a Red X would appear on the Security Widget. Not updating in 24 hours would cause a Yellow "!" to show on the Widget.  This no longer occurs in Total Security 2017 (Win 10). Some of my computers do not get booted every day and sometimes not for several days. The Security Widget should once again reflect the status shown on BD's program panel.

BD Widget 01.png

Tagged:

Comments

• This is from a second system.  This one running TS2017 on Win 7 so it's not an issue with a specific system.

BD Widget 02.png

• Hello,

Our dev team is currently investigating the matter

Please sent us a log from the Bitdefender Support Tool at bitsy@bitdefender.com with the box to reproduce the issue selected (you can click continue afterwards without actually reproducing the issue).

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

Please also provide me with the received ticket number after sending the logs.

• Ok I've generated a Log File and sent it to bitsy. I do not have a ticket number yet. Everything you need to reproduce the issue is included in the posts above. As I said it has occurred on two different systems, one running Win 7 and one running Win 10 so it's not likely a system specific issue. This issue did not occur before so it's possibly something related to a recent version update of TS2017.

This just happened on a third system this one also running Win 10. I didn't take a screenshot as it would look the same as the second shot above.  I still do not have a Ticket Number.

• Sorin G.
    Sorin G.
    edited February 2017

Hello,

We have received the logs and our dev team is working on it.

Your ticket number is 2017020817570003.

EDIT : It would seem you did not tick the reproduce issue box, some logs were not collected. I have sent you a email with detailed steps on how to generated the needed logs. Thank you.

• Yes I intentionally did not tick the Reproduce Issue box since once updated the issue will not occur. Like I said everything you need to reproduce the issue is contained in the posts above.  Simply do not boot a computer for one or two days (at least 24 hours) that has the latest version of TS2017 installed. The situation will occur that is shown in the screenshots above where the Security Widget is not showing the proper condition of the update status. This started occurring after an update to TS2017 that required a reboot. I don't remember exactly what date but it was no more than a week ago. Before that update the Widget would show the Yellow "!" if an update was not done in 24 hours and a Red "X" if the update was not done in 48 hours or more. After that particular update the condition shown in the screenshots above occurs. This has been reproduced on three different systems, two running Win 10 and one running Win 7 (all 64 bit).  All three have their system files completely up to date. This would indicate it is not a system specific issue but rather a bug introduced in a recent update to TS2017.  (For the record I do software beta testing for several companies in the Music Production Software market).   

• Probleme quasi identique. Je suis sous windows 8.1 et je suis passé de bitdefender internet security 2016 à 2017. Mon wigdet windows est toujours au vert.... La derniere fois que j 'ai démarré mon pc, cela faisait 8 jours qu'il n'avait pas été allumé et pas connecté au web. Le widget etait pourtant vert alors que le panneau central affichait  "A risque" en rouge.

Je me dit qu'il faut peut etre allumé le modem (je ne le fait que si j'ai besoin du net dans ma session), connecté le pc, voir si le probleme de syncro vient de la. Non, il reste au vert. J'ai attendu un peu, toujours widget en vert. J'ai fait alors une mise a jour manuelle et le panneau central est bien revenu au vert....

Faut il une connexion, pour faire changer l'état du widget ? Ne devrait il pas au bout de 3 jours meme en l'absence de connexion virer au rouge ?