Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BIS2017 Web Protection Module - Phishing Protection

Options

Hi,

Background

----------------

I recently upgraded BIS2015 to BIS2017 for my 2 Windows 7 PCs (i.e uninstall BIS2015 via the New Bitdefender Uninstall Tool and then

install BIS2017 via the Upgrade Web Installer downloaded from Bitdefender Central).

Both BIS2017 installations were successfully, fully updated itself through the internet and also gone through the reboot process as instructed.

Issue

-------

As my usual practice, I would thereafter test the BIS2017 installations via The Anti-Malware Testing Standards Organization (AMTSO™)

Security features Check page at:

http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check-for-desktop-solutions/

Both PCs passed the tests 1-4 immediately (Test 6 not relevant for Bitdefender) but not the test:

5.Test if your protection against accessing a Phishing Page is enabled

Intrigued, I checked the BIS2017 Web Protection Setting > Protection Against Phishing but it was already set as "On".

Take note the BIS2017 were installed at "Default/Recommended" setting and not "Custom Installation".

Solution

----------

On a hunch, I re-set the Phishing Protection button (i.e turning it "Off" and then "On" again).

The Auto-Pilot switch would likewise also need to be set "On" again.

This time both PCs passed the relevant test.

Remarks

-------

I do not know if this is just a one-off odd behaviour or a fluke but posted it here for information in case other users should encounter the same situation.

Cheers and best regards.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

I was however unable to reproduce this issue on our test beds.