Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender Menu Firewall ON but...

Options

When I go into my BitDefender Total Security 2017 menu it shows all is well.  SEE ATTACHMENT_A.JPG

Both Firewall are off?  SEE ATTACHMENT_B.JPG

I tried to turn on BitDefender - nothing.  I tried to turn on Windows - nothing.  SEE ATTACHMENT_C.JPG

I "repaired" - rebooted and firewall was working.  BitDefender updated and restarted - window firewalls no longer working BUT BitDefender shows it is working on ATTACHMENT_A.JPG

HELP!  

ATTACHMENT_A.JPG

ATTACHMENT_B.JPG

SEE ATTACHMENT_C.JPG

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

It would seem Windows Security Center is not detecting the Bitdefender product.

I would advise doing a fresh reinstall of the product, removing it with the Bitdefender Uninstall Tool afterwards installing from Central.

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool.exe

• 19 hours ago, vpnavy said:

When I go into my BitDefender Total Security 2017 menu it shows all is well.  SEE ATTACHMENT_A.JPG

Both Firewall are off?  SEE ATTACHMENT_B.JPG

I tried to turn on BitDefender - nothing.  I tried to turn on Windows - nothing.  SEE ATTACHMENT_C.JPG

I "repaired" - rebooted and firewall was working.  BitDefender updated and restarted - window firewalls no longer working BUT BitDefender shows it is working on ATTACHMENT_A.JPG

HELP!  

1. Turn on windows firewall

2. Turn off bitdefender firewall

3. Reboot

4. Turn on bitdefender firewall

5. enjoy

• vpnavy
    Options

Thank you all for your responses.  I searched and found many others experiencing the same problem.  I am trying to decide if I should "play the game" or just uninstall and go with another product.  Seems that BitDefender has a problem with no apparent solution other then to uninstall, remove all traces and reinstall - might need a million customers to experience the same problem before it is figured out.

Again - thanks all for your help.