Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

firewall settings

Options

Can someone tell me if this is what the firewall settings should be?I have no idea what generic is.I dont mess with the firewall so just wanted to ask.

bd.PNG

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Yes for the Home/Office.

For Stealth depends on your environment, if you are connected to a router and also use wireless printers, I would advise disabling it.

Generic is the option that allows the product to remember the above settings on this adapter, otherwise on the next reboot it will take the Network type chosen by the user when he first connected on that network (Windows Network prompt)

• brihy1
    Options

Thank you for the explanation,helped alot

• Hello Sorin,

in which cases do you recommend "Stealth Mode On"?

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

When you are connected to the internet directly, no home router. However nowadays everyone has a home router.

• Hello Sorin,

why do you not remove this option, when it´s useless for nearly all users? I believe, that 99,9% of your customers uses a router.

• Werderforever
    edited March 2017
    Options

On 21.3.2017 at 0:37 PM, Werderforever said:

Hello Sorin,

why do you not remove this option, when it´s useless for nearly all users? I believe, that 99,9% of your customers uses a router.

Hello Sorin,

please can you give me some information to my question from 21.03.2017?

Many thanks, Thomas

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

Simply because there are customers without a router and customers that connect to public Wi-Fi. (Libraries/McDonalds/Starbucks etc.)

• Hello Sorin,

many thanks for your explanation!:)