Vulnerability scan claims no password

When I run the vulnerability scan it says that my Netgear r7000 router has no password.

I have a good password set so this concerns me.  I'm assuming it means the www.routerlogin.net

page which opens the Netgear Genie.

thanks Ken 

Tagged:

Comments

• Hello,

Yes, it refers to your admin logon on the router itself not the password used to connect via Wi-Fi.

Please note that the product verifies both passwords. Wi-Fi and router logon.

• I've encountered similar problem. The vulnerability scan says I don't have a router password for my Asus router RT-AC68U however I do have a strong password for the router login. I understand this is not referring to the wifi network password which I agree the scan says the password is weak.

It reads

MAC address: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

Password strength: No password

Your router access is unsecured. We recommend......

Change outer password

The router's password is stored in the browsers cache. To protect your privacy......

• Hi KC9,

Please use a strong password and a WPA2 encryption for the Wireless network(not the router login) then let me know if the issue still persists.

Thank you,

• Hi Daniel,

I've already been using WPA2 for my wireless network and changed to a strong wireless connection password (12 characters alphanumeric and symbol) but still showing the same warning. I have a PC and a laptop connecting the the same network. In fact, the problem only happens on PC. The scan on my laptop doesn't show any warning. Quite strange!

Thanks,

Keith

• I'm having the same problem.  I run a recent TP-Link router.  It has a strong admin password for HTTPS login, and root SSH access to the router also has a strong password.  But BitDefender Vuln scan reports "No Password".  "Your router access is unsecured"

Am I missing something?  Is there another way to gain access to this router?

• I have the same problem.

And the password for Wifi login is strong.

Fix this bitdefender.