Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

MS Word 2013 crashing after upgrading to Bit defender Total Security 2017

Options

Product: Bitdefender Total Security 2017 (fully updated)

Operating system: Windows 10 (fully updated)

Shortly after upgrading from Bitdefender Total Security 2016 to 2017 Microsoft Word 2013 crashes whenever I try to save documents. I reinstalled MS Office from CD and also repaired it using the full online repair procedure. The problem persists.

Is this fault coincidental with the Bitdefender uograde or have others experienced this problem? I would appreciate any advice.

Here is the report from Whocrashed:

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 21/05/2017 07:42:53 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052117-24578-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: classpnp.sys (0xFFFFF8031F404B97) 

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x2C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8031F404B97)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: SCSI Class System Dll

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

On Sun 21/05/2017 07:42:53 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: classpnp.sys (CLASSPNP!ClassDeviceControl+0x2137) 

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x2C, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8031F404B97)

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\classpnp.sys

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: SCSI Class System Dll

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. 

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time. 

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I was unable to reproduce this issue, I would recommend contacting our support team via bitsy@bitdefender.com

Please ensure you attach the minidumps and the log from the Bitdefender Support Tool in your email.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/How-to-generate-a-support-log--1168.html

• Rob Borland
    Options

Thank you for your advice which I will follow.

• Rob Borland
    Options

I find that this problem occurs with Excel 2013 as well as Word 2013. If I turn off Bitdefender On-Access Scanning and Active Threat Control I can save files normally with both these applications. When I turn these Bitdefender functions on again both applications hang when I try to save open files and I have to kill the applications using Task Manager.

I have not observed another BSOD yet.

I have sent this information off to bitsy@bitdefender.com as recommended and look forward to hearing back from them.

• amwranes
    Options

I haven't had a BSOD, but I did find that with the anti-ransomware option turned on, it would crash Word every single time.

• Rob Borland
    Options

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have also tried excluding Word and Excel from antivirus scanning. This sometimes allows file saving but other times fails, leaving the applications unresponsive, with no pattern that I can see.