Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Huge Folders under ProgramData\BDLogging

Options
dj69
edited June 2017 in General

There's a huge collection of logs under c:\ProgramData\BDLogging\CstLogs\vsserv.exe.  Each folder in size is 74.5GB, 55.7GB, 55.1GB, 50.5GB, respectively, so BDLogging is taking up roughly 75% of my ProgramData folder.  Under vsserv.exe, or any of the other folders under CstLogs that match an exe name, there are multiple separate date-stamped folders (ex: 2017-05-14_23_22_59__1468 at 10.5GB).  This is on my SSD and is seriously taking up a ridiculous amount of space.  Are these necessary and/or are there setting(s) that can help reduce this?

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

I would recommend doing a fresh reinstall.

1. Use the uninstall tool

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2017_UninstallTool.exe

2. Delete the folder BDLoggin

3. Install fresh from Central

• dj69
    Options

Downloaded, ran, got this message from bdrinstall.exe - System Error The program can't start because unrar64.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.  While that error was up, however, other things seemed to continue to happen in the background, including getting firewall messages about blocking pcsftool.exe and asking if I should allow access.

• How about download the unrar64.dll manually http://originaldll.com/download/18915.dll 

unrar 64.dll is a System 32 file. I am wondering why it is lost on your computer.. can you please try to run sfc/scannow through cmd?

Then after that disable the firewall on your computer then use the uninstall tool. default_happy.png

• dj69
    Options

Running sfc/scannow currently.  In the mean time I was able to still close enough bitdefender programs, including the uninstaller that otherwise *seemed* to run, and then delete that folder.  I installed fresh from Central.  Now I still have that folder but it's taking up 172 MB instead.  So, that's definitely an improvement!

• dj69
    Options

This is a recurring issue for me.  How many times should I reinstall your product to get it to not take up my entire SSD?

• Today I discovered that it took 1TB on 2TB disk!

Because several programs at once crashed because of no free space.

I will reconsider using BD, if this folder continues growing, folks.

• Today I discovered that it took 1GB on 2GB disk.

Because several programs at once crashed because of no free space.

I will reconsider using BD, if this folder continues growing, folks.

• I just discovered this as well when I was trying to figure out why my C drive is almost completely full. I have a 1TB SSD C drive and the vsserve.exe folder is taking up 629GB of space!

The oldest file in that folder (that I could find) is from 7/21/2021 so I'm guessing that's about when this problem started for me. But the OP was in 2017 so obviously this is an old problem.

I have Bitdefender Free running on that computer.

I'm uninstalling bitdefender now.

I have a license for bitdefender total security that I've been planning on installing on that computer but hadn't gotten around to doing yet. Now I'm hesitant to install any bitdefender product again.

Can we get any more info from bitdefender about this other than just "uninstall and reinstall"?

Do you know what causes it? Anything the user should avoid doing?

Will this happen again?
  • HI, I just discovered that it was using 50% space on my 6 computers (240gb, 480gb, 120gb & 1tb ssd)

how is this happening? what did you code wrong? I would love to continue using bit defender but I don't want to now since I have been missing space on every of my PC and having problem because of dumb bit defender free.

I wanted to pay for all my machines in the near future, but with this problem I will reconsider. so much headache in the last year with missing drive space for it to be my antivirus of choice...

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hello @Wisico ,

It's an unusual situation it seems, so kindly asking to contact our Support team by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB